Issue: [Fix] Can't log in to Starfield on Windows
Hello. When I launch Starfield and have to log in, it does not work. Any way to fix this?
Players on Windows who are having trouble logging in to Starfield may discover annoying barriers to the game's accessibility. Since Starfield is an action role-playing game, users must sign in using their Microsoft credentials. However, a number of things can lead to unsuccessful login attempts, which might negatively affect Windows users' gaming experiences.
Network connection problems are a major source of trouble. Network hiccups or instability might make it difficult for users to authenticate, which keeps them from getting in and playing the game. Corrupted cache files can also be a problem, leading to authentication failures and preventing easy access to Starfield.
Firewalls that are too protective may also be to blame for unsuccessful login attempts. Overly strict security measures might prevent the game and Microsoft account from communicating, which would make it difficult for gamers to join.
The problem is further complicated by VPN interference. VPNs are helpful for security and anonymity, but occasionally they break the connection to Starfield servers, making login attempts impossible. If a user depends on a VPN, they might want to think about turning it off for a while in order to diagnose the issue.
These login problems have consequences that go beyond simple annoyance. Starfield's deep gameplay and features may be unavailable to users, preventing them from fully experiencing and enjoying the action role-playing game. The annoyance of not being able to log in could cause gamers' overall pleasure to suffer from a lowered gaming experience.
In this guide, you will find 6 steps that should help you fix being unable to log into Starfield. You can also run a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, registry issues, or clear cookies and cache. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. Check Network Connection
If your internet speed is slow:
- Locate an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end to your device and the other to the router or modem.
- Locate the reset button on your router or modem.
- Press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds.
- Wait for the device to reboot.
- Identify devices using the internet unnecessarily.
- Disconnect these devices from the network to reduce load.
- Find the contact information for your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Call or reach out to them explaining the issue and the steps you've taken.
Method 2. Add Starfield as an Exclusion to Windows Firewall
- Press the Windows key + S to open the Search utility.
- Type control and select Control Panel from the search results.
- Select View by: Category from the upper right corner.
- Click System and Security, then click Windows Defender Firewall.
- Select Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click Change settings button.
- Click Yes if the User Account Control window pops up.
- Scroll down to find all the apps or features related to your game and its launcher (Steam, Battle.net, etc).
- Check both Private and Public for them.
- Click OK to save the changes you have made.
Method 3. Disable VPN
While a VPN can safeguard your privacy by concealing your IP address, it may disrupt the connection to Starfield servers. If you encounter difficulties logging into Starfield, consider disabling your VPN as a troubleshooting step.
Method 4. Clear Cache
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Enter %temp% and click OK to open the Temp folder.
- Delete these temporary files.
- Go to AppData > Local, locate the Starfield cache that may be in Starfield or Bethesda, and delete it.
Method 5. Start Windows Services
- Type System Configuration in the search box and open it. Then, go to Services and check all the Xbox services.
- Input Services into the search box and click this app to open.
- Locate Xbox services including Xbox Accessory Management Service, Xbox Live Auth Manager, Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.
- Then, set their Startup type to Automatic. If one is not running, click Start.
- Besides, do the same thing for these services – IP Helper, Gaming Services, Windows Update, and Microsoft Store Install Service.
Method 6. Reinstall the Game
If none of the previous methods prove successful, proceed to this step. Occasionally, system files may become corrupted, leading to the error. In such cases, reinstalling the game is the only effective solution.
- Press the Windows key + R simultaneously.
- Type appwiz.cpl.
- Hit Enter to launch the Programs and Features window.
- Find Starfield and right-click on it.
- Click on Uninstall. If a verification prompt opens, click on Yes.
- Complete the removal process and restart your device.
- Download the game from your preferred platform.
- Install the launcher on your device.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.