Issue: [Fix] Remove "Recommended" section from Start Menu not working in Windows
Hello. Is there a way to remove the Recommended section from the Start Menu in Windows? Because when I try using the “Remove “Recommended” section from Start Menu” it does not work. Any way to fix it?
Users who want a more simplified and personalized Start Menu may find it aggravating since they are unable to eliminate the “Recommended” area from the Start Menu in Windows. This problem is especially evident in the Windows Student SE edition, where certain policies and settings may vary from those found in other Windows editions.
According on user behavior, the “Recommended” part of the Start Menu frequently offers apps, shortcuts, or recommendations for actions. While some users may find this feature useful, others – particularly those who use Windows in specialized or educational environments – might not find it to be in line with their preferences or needs. In order to clear out any clutter or distractions on their Start Menu, users may opt to hide this section.
The “Remove Recommended section from Start Menu” feature, however, can have a number of negative implications on users when it does not function as intended. First of all, it may result in a Start Menu that is disorganized and congested, making it more difficult for users to easily find and use the apps and features they require. For those who depend on quick access to particular programs or files, such as students, this might decrease productivity and raise irritation.
Additionally, the problem can have an effect on the Start Menu's aesthetics, which is significant for users who want an interface that is tidy and uncluttered. The user's desired customization and layout of their Start Menu may be interfered with if the “Recommended” section cannot be removed.
Users might think about a few options to resolve this problem. They might check to see if their Windows version has any updates or patches that might fix the issue. They can also look for any incompatible group policies or third-party applications that might be interfering with this particular setting.
In this guide, you will find 7 steps that should help you fix “Remove “Recommended” section from Start Menu” not working in Windows. You can also run a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 2. Install Windows Updates
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Go to the Windows Update section.
- Click Check for updates and wait.
- Go to the Advanced options and install optional updates.
- Reboot your system.
Solution 3. Use Recommended Display Scaling
- Open the Start menu.
- Click on Settings.
- In the Settings window, select the System category.
- On the left sidebar, click on Display.
- Under the Scale and layout section, you will find a setting called Change the size of text, apps, and other items. This is where you can adjust display scaling.
- Click the dropdown menu next to Change the size of text, apps, and other items to see a list of scaling options.
- The recommended scaling level will be labeled as Recommended. Select this recommended option.
- Apply the changes.
Solution 4. Disable the Section in Group Policy Editor
- Open the Start menu.
- Search for gpedit and click the top result to open the Group Policy Editor.
- Browse the following path:
User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar.
- Right-click the Remove Recommended section from Start Menu policy and select the Edit option.
- Select the Enabled option.
- Click the Apply button.
- Click the OK button.
- Restart the computer.
Solution 5. Create a new User Account
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Click on Accounts.
- Select Other users from the right panel.
- Then, click on Add account. Click on the link – I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- On the next window, click on Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Enter a User name and password twice.
- Answer the 3 security questions.
- Click on Next.
- A new account will be added; click on this to expand.
- Select Change account type.
- Now, select Administrator from the drop-down.
- Restart the system and check if the Calendar is visible.
Solution 6. Use System Restore
System Restore is a feature in Microsoft Windows that allows users to revert their computer's state to a previous point in time. This can be helpful if you have made changes to your system that are causing problems.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Type SystemPropertiesProtection and press Enter.
- Go to the System Protection tab.
- You will see the System Restore… button. Click it to run System Restore.
- Follow the prompts until you can select a restore point.
- Select the one you want (ideally before the issue started occurring) and go ahead with the process.
Solution 7. Repair Install Windows
- Visit Microsoft's official website.
- Choose the desired product language and OS edition for Windows 11.
- Download the Windows 11 ISO file.
- Locate the downloaded ISO file and double-click it.
- In the prompt that appears, click Open.
- Run the setup.exe file.
- When the UAC (User Account Control) dialog box appears, click Yes to continue.
- Click Next to proceed with the installation.
- Accept Microsoft's license terms by clicking Accept.
- Make sure the setup option reads Keep personal files and apps.
- Click Install to begin the Windows 11 repair upgrade.
- Wait patiently for the repair upgrade to complete.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.