Issue: How to disable the “To continue the work of your browser” pop-up on Chrome?
I’m receiving a pop-up asking me to install the extension to keep web browsing safely. I can only click the “Accept” button because everything else on the screen is frozen. That does not look a decent behavior of a browser. Each time I have to close Chrome by force and, consequently, close all currently opened tabs. I don’t want installing the extension. What can I do to disable the “To continue the work of your browser” pop-up?
“To continue the work of your browser” pop-up is a type of Google Chrome advertisement. Based on the latest research, it turned out that this pop-up advertisement is not malicious, which is good news. However, such behavior is not legitimate and is not tolerated in web security community.
When and why does the “To continue the work of your browser” pop-up occur?
“To continue the work of your browser” alert is a potentially unwanted web browser advertisement, which purpose is to distribute third-party extensions. Typically, it starts striking Google Chrome web browser if the PC’s or laptop’s owner installs a potentially unwanted program (adware, browser hijacker) or lands on a compromised website. The pop-up completely freezes we browser’s screen by displaying two pop-up boxes, which say:
This site says:
To continue the work of your browser you should install the extension.
Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs
Add Extension In Order to keep you in safe browsing.
The “Add Extension In Order to keep you in safe browsing” pop-up emerges randomly. As we have pointed out, it freezes the browser and does not let to continue to work unless you agree to install the extension. That’s an extremely annoying experience due to which people often lose some important work on the web. However, cyber security experts DO NOT recommend installing the extension because it may turn out to be another adware, browser hijacker or screen locker.
What should I do to disable “To continue the work of your browser” ads
If you have some urgent tasks to perform on the Internet, we would recommend using Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge or another web browser until Google Chrome is corrupted. Once you are ready, fix “To continue the work of your browser” error by closing Chrome via Task Manager and run a scan with a powerful anti-malware, for example, Reimage. In case you prefer fixing your device manually, navigate to Control Panel and uninstall all unknown or suspicious/looking applications. Finally, reset Google Chrome and the “Add Extension In Order to keep you in safe browsing” alert should be gone.
Fixing “To continue the work of your browser” alert
1. Close your web browser. If it is currently locked by the “To continue the work of your browser” pop-up, press Ctrl + Alt + Del and open Task Manager.
2. Find Google Chrome process, click it, and select End Task.
3. Now run a scan with a professional anti-malware, say Reimage. It's advisable to do so while the system is booted in Safe Mode.
4. If you prefer manual malware removal, right-click on Windows key and open Control Panel.
5. Select Programs and Features.
6. Check what programs are running on the system and remove the ones that you are not familiar with. To do so, click on the app and select Uninstall.
7. Finally, reset Google Chrome's default settings. To start with, open Google Chrome.
8. Press on the menu icon and open Settings.
9. Click on Show advanced Settings option and navigate to Reset Settings.
10. Click Reset on the confirmation window and the restart Chrome.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.