Issue: How to Fix “Accelerometerdll.DLL is Missing” Error on Windows 10?
I’ve recently updated my HP Pavilion Power Laptop and started getting an error saying “Accelerometerdll.DLL not found.” It occurs under various conditions, for example, when I try to open Windows Explorer or launch some games. Could someone please help?
“Accelerometerdll.DLL not found” error is an old Windows problem, which has been harassing Windows users from time to time. Currently, the majority of devices affected by this bug run Windows 10. Besides, it seems that people using HP Pavilion Power Laptops encounter the problem most frequently.
The error message explicitly indicate the culprit of the problem – Accelerometerdll.DLL file. This file is associated with HP 3D DriverGuard developed by HP Hewlett-Packard Company for the Windows Operating System. Therefore, experts recommend uninstalling DriveGuard and then installing its latest version from HP servers. We’ll explain how to do that below.
However, DriveGuard is not the only possible culprit of the “Accelerometerdll.DLL not found” error. Few people reported that the bug check coincides with speaker problems (low volume, no volume at all, etc.) In this case, you may need to update Audio drivers.
Finally, we would highly recommend checking the system for malware. DLL files are often exploited by cyber criminals to hide malicious files and protect them from being removed. Although the original Accelerometerdll.DLL file has only a single point in danger scale, you should check Task Manager for multiple Accelerometerdll.DLL processes. In this case, a virus may be disguising under this process and you should run a full scan with a professional anti-malware to eliminate it. For this purpose, we would recommend using Reimage. If malware is not the culprit of the issue, try to fix Accelerometerdll.DLL error by following these instructions:
Option 1. Reinstall HP 3D Driveguard software
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Select Apps and click Apps & Features option from the left pane.
- Locate the Driveguard software on the list and click it.
- Select Uninstall and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Then navigate to the HP Server and reinstall the HP 3D Driveguard. To accelerate the search for the software, you can click on this link to download it.
Option 2. Change Accelerometerdll.DLL file’s location
- Navigate to the C:\\Windows.old\\windows\\System32 path.
- Look for the Accelerometerdll.DLL file in the mentioned location. If you found it, click it and press Ctrl + C or right-click it and select Copy.
- Then navigate to the C:\\Windows\\System32 location and paste the copied Accelerometerdll.DLL file.
- After that, reboot the system.
Option 3. Re-register Accelerometerdll.DLL file
- Right-click Windows key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Click Yes on the confirmation window.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands and press Enter after each
regsvr32 /u accelerometerdll.DLL
regsvr32 /i accelerometerdll.DLL
- Close Command Prompt and restart the DriveGuard software.
Option 4. Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
If the “Accelerometerdll.DLL is missing” error emerged along with audio problems, we would highly recommend running Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:
- Open Windows search and type Troubleshooting.
- Select Troubleshoot and scroll down to find Hardware and Devices.
- Click Hardware and Devices option and select Run troubleshooter.
- Once the troubleshooting process is finished, click on Playing Audio option.
- Select Run troubleshooter and wait for the scan to be finished.
Option 5. Perform a system restore
If none of the options listed above helped to fix Accelerometerdll.DLL error, try performing a system restore. If you don’t know how to do that, please refer to this post for more information.
IMPORTANT: Downloading DLL files separately, especially from unknown sources, is highly NOT recommended due to the risk of getting the system infected with a serious virus.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services like Netflix, BBC, Disney+ and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless where you are
Recover your lost files quickly
Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of important documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.