Issue: How to fix Apps and Features missing from the menu in Windows 11?
Hello. The Apps and Features section is missing from the menu on my Windows 11 PC. How do I get it back?
The “Apps and Features” section of the Windows 11 operating system is essential. This section serves as a hub for users to view and manage all installed apps and programs on their computers. Users can also use this section to uninstall applications and programs that they no longer require, thereby freeing up valuable storage space.
Unfortunately, some users have reported that the “Apps and Features” section of the Windows 11 menu is missing. This problem can affect users in a variety of ways. For example, if a user wishes to uninstall an app or program, they will be unable to do so without the “Apps and Features” section. This can make it difficult for users to manage their system resources, as well as troubleshoot any issues with installed apps or programs.
To uninstall apps and programs, one possible workaround is to use the Windows PowerShell utility. Another option is to manage installed apps and programs through the Control Panel's “Programs and Features” section. However, these solutions necessitate some technical knowledge and may not be appropriate for all users.
In this guide, you will find 7 steps that should help you fix Apps and Features missing from the menu in Windows 11. Keep in mind that the manual troubleshooting process may be lengthy. Instead, you can try using a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, registry issues, or clear cookies and cache automatically. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. Install Windows Updates
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box.
- Type ms-settings:windowsupdate in the text box and press Enter.
- Click the Check for updates button.
- If a new update is available, click the Download & Install all button.
- Restart your computer after the process is finished and check to see if the problem is fixed.
Method 2. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 3. Modify Windows Registry
- Open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to this path:
- Check if the SettingsPageVisibility string value is present in the right pane.
- If the SettingsPageVisibility string value is present, right-click it.
- Select Delete from the context menu.
- Restart your computer.
Method 4. Reset Windows Security
- Click on the Start menu on your Windows computer.
- Find and click on Windows Security from the list of options.
- Right-click on Windows Security.
- Click on App settings from the context menu that appears.
- Click on Reset to reset the app settings.
- Wait for the reset process to complete.
Method 5. Switch out of S Mode
If the “Apps and Features” section of the Windows 11 menu is missing, it is possible that the device is running Windows 11 in S mode. Users in S mode cannot access the “Apps and Features” section and must manage apps and programs through the Microsoft Store. Users must exit S mode before they can access the “Apps and Features” section.
- Open the Microsoft Store on your Windows computer.
- Search for the app called Switch out of S mode.
- Select the app from the search results.
- Click on the Install button to install the app.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Launch the Switch out of S mode app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to switch out of S mode.
- Once S mode is removed, you can install any app or program on your computer.
Method 6. Use System Restore
System Restore is a feature in Microsoft Windows that allows users to revert their computer's state to a previous point in time. This can be helpful if you have made changes to your system that are causing problems.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Type SystemPropertiesProtection and press Enter.
- Go to the System Protection tab.
- You will see the System Restore… button. Click it to run System Restore.
- Follow the prompts until you can select a restore point.
- Select the one you want (ideally before the issue started occurring) and go ahead with the process.
Method 7. Repair Install Windows
- Visit the official Microsoft website to download Windows 11 Installation Media
- Run the Media Creation Tool and select Create Installation Media for another PC
- Select your USB drive
- Let the Process complete of writing the Installation files to the USB drive
- Click Finish
- On the PC you wish to upgrade, Press Windows + E to open the File Explorer
- Open the Removable drive and click Setup.exe
- Accept the license terms on the next screen
- Confirm the Upgrade options – Files, apps and Settings are kept
- Click Install, and the upgrade should start
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.