Issue: How to fix BIOS is missing a required license error 0xC004F063?
Hi, I'm getting an error 0xC004F063 when trying to validate Windows 7. I have no idea why the key is not accepted or what should I do, so every piece of advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
The error code 0xC004F063 is an old Windows Activation and Validation error, which has been present since 2010 or even earlier. The problem prevails on Windows 7 OS, especially on Dell machines running 7600 build. Even though it's a problem know for over ten years, tech forums keep receiving users' questions on how to fix it.
Despite being Windows 7 related, the 0xC004F063 error can also occur on Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 OS. That's a highly intrusive system error as it tends to happen on machines that have already been activated and the legitimate license key has been approved.
The Windows Activation error 0xC004F063 may happen due to several reasons. First of all, third-party software, such as Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, or similar can collide with the OS components and undercut the license key. However, that's the rarest culprit of this activation error.
For those who end up seeing the 0xC004F063 error saying BIOS is missing a required license on Windows 10, there's a rather easy fix, i.e. run an automated Windows Activation Troubleshooter. The problem is usually triggered by installed updates, which appear to contain an activation bug, which restricts the licensing.
Apart from this problem, the 0xC004F063 error code may pop-up on Windows screens if the system runs into corrupted system files leading to the infringements of the Windows OS activation. In this particular case, users are recommended running the in-built scan tools, such as SFC and DISM. Alternatively, a professional optimization tool would be a suitable helper.
A problem occurred when Windows tried to activate. Error Code 0xC004F063. For a possible resolution, click More Information (link to the following).
Error Details: The following information was found for this error:
Description: The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer BIOS is missing a required license.
The prescription “Software Licensing Service reported that the computer BIOS is missing a required license” alongside the 0xC004F063 code usually means BIOS inconsistencies. If you have purchased a machine that has already been activated, it's very likely that you are trying to activate a different license, i.e. PRO over Home or vice versa. Such overactivation triggers BIOS inconsistency and the only way to activate it – use the SLMGH utility.
There is a couple of solutions that may help you to fix Bios is missing a required license error 0xC004F063 on Windows. Select the method that seems to be corresponding to the potential culprit and perform the steps exactly as explained.
Method 1. Run compatibility troubleshooter
If you have recently downloaded an application and soon after that Windows activation error occurred, there's a high probability that the issue has been triggered by software incompatibility. Therefore, you should either uninstall the incompatible app or run the compatibility troubleshooter:
- Type the run programs in the search bar.
- Select the “Run programs made for previous versions of Windows” option.
- Click Next to troubleshoot the potential software issues.
- When the list of incompatible apps is provided, select one and click Next.
- Now select a troubleshooting option that you prefer, i.e. use the recommended compatibility settings or choose compatibility settings yourself.
- Once you select the option and click the Test the program button.
- Click Next to confirm.
- Finally, select one of the three options, i.e. save the settings for the app, try different settings, or report the problem to Microsoft and view help articles online.
Run the troubleshooter with every application that is reported for you as incompatible. After that, try to activate the Windows license key.
Method 2. Run SFC and DISM checks
In order to fix Windows Activation Error 0xc004f063, try running the in-built Windows system scanners known as System File Checker (SFC) and Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM). The two are able to fix local problems that are sometimes minor, though causing issues like this.
- Press Windows key + R and type cmd in the Run.
- Right-click in the Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes on the User Account Control popup.
- When the Command Prompt opens, enter the following commands. Press Enter after each.
Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
The procedure may take place, so do not close Command Prompt. These commands are responsible for checking machine's health and then downloading healthy files to repair the ones that are corrupted. Once the process is finished, reopen the Command Prompt as explained above and type in the next commands. Hit Enter to launch it.
- Finally, restart the system.
Method 3. Run SLMGR tool
In case the problem is related to the BIO inconsistency or overwriting issues, you can try to fix Windows Activation Error 0xC004F063 by running the SLMGH utility.
- Press Windows key + R and type cmd into the run.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes on the UAC.
- Type in the following commands (one-by-one) and click Enter to activate them:
slmgr /ipk <Windows Key> slmgr /ato
Note: replace the <Windows Key> with your Windows activation key.
- After running the commands, restart the machine and check whether the error has been successfully fixed.
Method 4. Run activation troubleshooter
This option applied for those using Windows 10 and having activation problems. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run.
- Type the ms-settings:activation in the Run and press Enter.
- You should see the Activation tab on the Settings.
- Look for the Active section on the right pane. Double click on it to access.
- Now click the Troubleshoot button.
- Wait for the scanner to finish. If any issues are detected, click the Apply this fix option.
Method 5. Activate Windows by Phone
- Open Windows search and type slui.exe 3.
- Press Enter.
- Type the Product key provided on the sticker attached to your PC.
- Now press Next to proceed. Click OK to confirm that you want to activate Windows.
- You should now receive the Invalid key error, which is OK.
- Close everything and re-open Start.
- Type slui.exe 4 in the search and hit Enter.
- Select your location and hit Next. You should receive a phone number to call to Activate Windows by Phone.
- Call the given number (Automated Voice will be heard). When asked, opt for Live Activation Rep.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.