Issue: How to fix c000000 error in Apex Legends?
Hello. I have been trying to launch Apex Legends for quite some time now but i constantly receive the c000000 error. Why can't I play the game?
Apex Legends is a free-to-play battle royale-hero shooter game developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. It was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One in February 2019, and Nintendo Switch in March 2021. Before the match, players form into three-player squads, and select from pre-designed characters with distinctive abilities, known as “Legends.”
However, sometimes users run into errors when trying to play their favorite games. One such error appeared when users tried to launch Apex Legends. Error code c000000 seems to prevent people from opening the game and it is not completely clear why. Users report experiencing this on Windows 10 as well as Windows 11. We previously wrote about other Apex Legends problems like audio issues.
In this guide, you will find 7 methods that could help you fix the c000000 error in Apex Legends. One of the things that could be causing this error to appear is the Origin overlay, in-game FPS (frames per second), and cloud storage. Hopefully, this guide will help you and you will be able to enjoy the game again.
Troubleshooting can be quite a lengthy process so you can try using a maintenance tool like ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. It can also clear cookies and cache, which are sometimes the culprits of many malfunctions. Otherwise, if you are ready to begin the guide, follow the steps below carefully.
Solution 1. Run Apex Legends as Administrator
- Open the Start Menu and search for Origin
- Right-click on the Origin app and run it in administrator mode
- Launch Apex Legends, and check if the problem is fixed
Solution 2. Disable Origin Overlay
- Launch Origin
- Click on the Origin icon at the top left corner of the screen
- Tap on the Application Settings option
- Click on the More tab
- Toggle off the Enable Origin In-game option
Solution 3. Limit the In-Game FPS
- Launch the original client on your Windows PC
- Navigate to the Game Library, and locate Apex legends
- Right-click on the game and from the context menu choose the Game Properties option
- Tap on the Advanced Launch Options tab
- In the command line arguments section, enter the below code and press Save
Solution 4. Change the Display Mode to Windowed
- Open Apex Legends
- Click on the Settings menu
- Choose Video Settings
- Change the display mode from full screen to Windowed
Solution 5. Set EasyAntiCheat Priority to Low
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc hotkeys to open Task Manager
- Click on the Details tab
- Locate EasyAntiCheat
- Right-click on the option, and Set Priority
- In the context menu, choose Low
Solution 6. Repair EasyAntiCheat
- Locate the EasyAntiCheat.exe file and open it
- Tap on the dropdown icon and choose Respawn Demo
- Click on the Repair Service option
Solution 7. Disable Cloud Storage
- Launch Origin and go to the Origin > Application Settings
- Go to the Installs & Saves tab and disable the Saves option
- Open File Explorer and go to Documents
- Rename the Apex Legends folder to Apex Legends backup
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.