Issue: How to fix Cellular option missing in Windows?
Hello. The Cellular connection option is missing from my Windows 11 settings. Why is it not there anymore? Is there any way to fix this?
Users who depend on cellular connectivity for their online needs or who want to utilize the built-in cellular support in their devices may find the lack of a cellular option in Windows 11 to be a perplexing issue. Although Windows 11 does support cellular networks and has options specifically for handling them, this option might occasionally mysteriously vanish, denying users access to crucial functions. This problem typically shows up after an operating system upgrade.
Users may be adversely impacted by this issue in a number of ways. First off, those who rely heavily on cellular networks for internet connectivity might not have a good way to continue using the internet. Having access to cellular networks is essential for productivity and communication for people who travel frequently or reside in places with sparse traditional internet infrastructure. Their everyday chores and workflow could be hampered by the lack of a cellular alternative.
Additionally, the lack of a cellular option can make 2-in-1 devices, laptops, or tablets that have integrated cellular modems less functional. These gadgets are made to give consumers the freedom and the capacity to access the internet no matter where Wi-Fi is present. Users lose out on a crucial feature that increases the value of these gadgets when the cellular option is removed.
Additionally, people who upgraded to Windows 11 with hopes of taking advantage of the newest features and advancements may find this problem annoying. Users may question why they chose to update in the first place if the cellular option is removed, making the upgrade appear less advantageous.
Regarding potential remedies, dealing with the absence of the cellular option frequently necessitates a combination of troubleshooting techniques. Users might attempt updating or reinstalling their device's drivers, as faulty or out-of-date drivers have been known to occasionally cause this issue. Additionally, network settings, including the mobile hotspot feature, can be checked for and configured to restore the missing option.
In this guide, you will find 5 steps that should help you fix the cellular option missing in Windows. You can also run a system repair tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Reinstall the Cellular Adapter Drivers
- Press Windows + X to open the Power User menu.
- Select Device Manager from the list.
- Expand the Network adapters entry.
- Right-click on the Mobile Broadband Device or a similar name in the list.
- Select Uninstall device.
- Tick the checkbox for Attempt to remove the drivers for this device.
- Click Uninstall.
- Once done, restart the computer.
- Windows will automatically install a fresh copy of the driver.
Solution 2. Roll Back the Drivers
- Press Windows + S to open Search.
- Type Device Manager and click on the relevant search result.
- Double-click on Network adapters.
- Right-click the broadband device.
- Select Properties.
- Go to the Driver tab.
- Click the Roll Back Driver button.
- Select a reason for reverting to the previous driver version.
- Click Yes to confirm.
Solution 3. Update the Drivers
- Press Windows + R to open Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the text field and hit Enter.
- Expand Network adapters.
- Right-click on the Mobile Broadband device or the relevant cellular adapter.
- Select Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers and wait for Windows to scan the PC for the latest version and install it.
- Finally, restart the computer.
Solution 4. Reconfigure the Adapter Settings
- Press Windows + R to open Run.
- Type ncpa.cpl in the text field and click OK.
- Right-click on the cellular network adapter and select Properties.
- Click the Configure button.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Choose Selective Suspend under Properties.
- Select Enabled from the Value dropdown menu.
- Finally, click OK to save the changes.
- Restart the computer and check for improvements.
Solution 5. Use System Restore
System Restore is a feature in Microsoft Windows that allows users to revert their computer's state to a previous point in time. This can be helpful if you have made changes to your system that are causing problems.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Type SystemPropertiesProtection and press Enter.
- Go to the System Protection tab.
- You will see the System Restore… button. Click it to run System Restore.
- Follow the prompts until you can select a restore point.
- Select the one you want (ideally before the issue started occurring) and go ahead with the process.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.