Issue: How to fix Chakracore.dll missing or not found error in Windows?
Hello. When I try to launch the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows, I get “The program can’t start because chakra.dll is missing from your computer” error message. Can you help me resolve this?
The program can't start because chakra.dll is missing from your computer.
To solve this issue, users can investigate other approaches. Reinstalling the impacted program is one possible solution to recover the corrupted or missing Chakracore.dll file. As an alternative, users may want to think about updating their operating system or software, as out-of-date versions may be a factor in DLL-related problems. The missing DLL issue may also be resolved by using system file-checking programs or restoring the system to a point prior to the problem.
In this guide, you will find 7 steps that should help you fix Chakracore.dll missing or not found error in Windows. You can also run a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Install Windows Updates
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Go to the Windows Update section.
- Click Check for updates and wait.
- Go to the Advanced options and install optional updates.
- Reboot your system.
Solution 2. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 3. Re-register the Chakracore.dll
- Press the Windows key + S and type cmd in the search box.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator. Click on Yes when prompted by UAC.
- Type the following command and hit Enter:
- Once you see the dialog saying the DLL is registered successfully, click on OK.
- Restart your computer.
Solution 4. Reinstall the Problematic App
- Click the Start button and type control panel.
- Press Enter to open the Control Panel.
- Click on Programs and go to the Programs and Features tab.
- Find the app from the list and select it.
- Click Uninstall at the top of the tab.
- Click OK and restart your PC.
- Reinstall the app.
- Check if the error persists.
Solution 5. Scan for Malware
It is possible that a malware infection may be the cause of Google Chrome high CPU usage in Windows. It is important to run a comprehensive security scan to rule out this possibility and ensure that the computer is not infected. This can help to prevent further issues with the Windows operating system and ensure that it is functioning properly.
If you have access to a security scanner, or if your organization pays for one, you can use it to scan your entire system to check for a virus infection. Otherwise, you can use Windows Defender to scan your system:
- Click on the Windows Start menu or press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type Microsoft Defender in the search bar and click on Microsoft Defender Antivirus to open the application.
- Click on the Virus & threat protection option in the left-hand menu.
- Click on the Quick scan or Full scan option, depending on your preference.
- If you choose Quick scan, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will scan the most vulnerable and commonly infected areas of your computer.
- If you choose Full scan, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will scan your entire computer, including all files, folders, and programs.
- Click on the Scan now button to start the selected scan type and wait for the scan to complete.
- The time it takes will depend on the size of your hard drive and the number of files being scanned.
- Once the scan is complete, you will be informed of any detected threats, and you can choose to quarantine or remove them.
- If no threats are found, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will inform you that your device is secure.
Solution 6. Use System Restore
System Restore is a feature in Microsoft Windows that allows users to revert their computer's state to a previous point in time. This can be helpful if you have made changes to your system that are causing problems.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Type SystemPropertiesProtection and press Enter.
- Go to the System Protection tab.
- You will see the System Restore… button. Click it to run System Restore.
- Follow the prompts until you can select a restore point.
- Select the one you want (ideally before the issue started occurring) and go ahead with the process.
Solution 7. Reset Windows
- Press the Windows key + I together on your keyboard.
- Click on System in the left pane.
- Select Recovery on the right side.
- Click on Reset PC in the Reset this PC option.
- Choose between two options: Keep my files and Remove everything.
Keep my files: Does not delete personal files/data but removes apps and settings.
Remove everything: Deletes everything, including personal data/files, apps, and settings.
- Click on either Keep my files or Remove everything to continue.
- Click on Local reinstall to proceed.
- Click Next to proceed.
- Finally, click on Reset button.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.