Issue: How to fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error?
Hi! I have been playing with my computer and have been constantly receiving the “CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error” on my PC screen. I tried rebooting my system multiple times but the blue screen error still shows up. How can I fix this? Besides, I am running a Windows 10 Acer laptop. Thanks in advance.
CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error is a computer system problem that announces about itself via BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) and insists users reboot the PC. If you have experienced this type of error for the first time, you can definitely try rebooting your computer system and it might disappear.
However, if you have already restarted your PC a couple of more times and the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error still persists, the problem might be somewhere deeper in your computer system and rebooting your machine is not enough to get rid of the error code and the cause.
Usually, CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error code signifies some type of corruption in the computer's processor that can be caused due to various reasons. Such problems can occur because of some outdated drivers, corrupted files, and other objects that might be lurking on your computer system.
Below we have provided several methods on how to fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error on your Windows computer system. Additionally, you can choose to perform the fixing process by downloading automatical software if manual steps appear not to be helpful for you. The sooner you get rid of the bogus error, the better it will be. If you postpone the fix process, the problem will persist and your computing work might often get interrupted by the unwanted error message.
How to fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error?
Method no. 1. Update all drivers via Device Manager
There might be some outdated drivers on your machine that are triggering the appearance of CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error on your Windows machine. Updates the devices that you know are causing trouble for you or just upgrade all of them if you do not know which has provoked the issue.
- Go to Windows Search.
- Type “Device Manager”.
- Launch the app update all drivers by right-clicking on each of them and selecting “Update driver”.
- If you know which device might have been causing the problem, you can update just that particular drive.
Method no. 2. Activate Windows Troubleshooter
Activating Windows Troubleshoot might help you to find out the cause for CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error. If you do not know how to launch this type of service, check these guiding steps:
- Go to Windows Search and type “settings”.
- Open Windows Settings and type “troubleshoot”.
- Click on the Troubleshoot option from the drop-down menu.
- Opt for “Blue Screen” that should be placed below Find and fix other problems.
- Afterward, select “Run the troubleshooter” and follow all the steps.
Method no. 3. Delete secondary apps
- Hold the Win key and R button for a second.
- When a small white run box appears, type appwiz.cpl and hit the Enter key.
- You will be provided with the Programs and Features window.
- Here, find all third-party apps that you do not need, right-click on the program and click to “Uninstall”.
Method no. 4. Launch Windows Memory Diagnostic software
- Go to Windows Search and type “mdsched“.
- Select Windows Memory Diagnostic.
- Now you will be asked to reboot your machine.
- Once your computer is restarted, Windows Memory Diagnostic software will launch automatically.
Method no. 5. Scan your system for file corruption
If there are some damaged files lurking on your system, they might be the ones causing CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error on your Windows computer. Find out if you are right by completing the below-provided guide:
- Enter Windows Search and type “cmd”.
- Launch Command Prompt and make sure that it runs in the administrative mode.
- Then, type sfc /scannow after the blinking cursor and hit the Enter key.
- Wait for the process to finish and reboot your machine.
Method no. 6. Temporarily deactivate Windows Defender Firewall
- Go to Windows Search and type “settings”.
- Afterward, continue with Update & Security.
- Go for the Windows Security option.
- Select Firewall & network protection.
- Afterward, choose Off under Windows Defender Firewall.
You should try all the methods that are provided above and try to solve CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error on your Windows computer manually. If none of these techniques have helped you, there is the automatical option left for you. If this BSOD error has been triggered due to some type of malicious infection on your computer or some type of serious system damage, you can try repairing things with the help of ReimageMac Washing Machine X9.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.