Issue: How to fix DRIVER_POWER_STATE_Failure 0x0000009F Error on Windows?
Need help in fixing DRIVER_POWER_STATE_Failure 0x0000009F. I’ve received this BSOD for more than ten times in one week!
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_Failure (error 0x0000009F) is a common problem faced by Windows 10, 7, and 8 users. This error message is typically expressed in a form of BSOD (Blue Screen of Death), what means that it causes some serious problems for the users because the message freezes the screen and prevents users from finishing what they’ve done on a PC. Although usually, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_Failure error shows up when trying to put the system to or take out of sleep, it may also occur when starting up particular programs or booting up the system. The BSOD marked with 0x0000009F value is typically accompanied by system slowdowns, long shut downs, boots up of the system, freezes, and similar issues. Luckily, the emergence of DRIVER_POWER_STATE_Failure (error 0x0000009F) error does not mean that your PC is broken beyond repair. This error indicates the fact that there are some incompletely/incorrectly installed drivers on your system. In addition, it may tell you that there are some issues with the hardware that you’ve recently installed/updated or that some registries on the system have been corrupted. Luckily, specialists have already found several methods that usually help people to fix DRIVER_POWER_STATE_Failure BSOD manually.
How to fix DRIVER_POWER_STATE_Failure 0x0000009F Error on Windows?
If a BSOD window appears soon after installing a new hardware/software, it means that the system is now missing appropriate drivers. That’s because Windows system does not install drivers and their updates automatically. Therefore, one of the 0x0000009F fixes may be driver updates using Device Manager. To fulfill this task, you have to:
- Press Win key and type Device Manager in the dialogue box.
- Click on the Device Manager and you should be exposed to a list of devices that are running on your operating system.
- Go through the list step by step and check if any drivers are marked with a yellow exclamation mark. If there are any, right-click on each of them and select Properties.
- When a drop down menu occurs, go to Drivers and opt for Update Drivers.
- Finally, reboot the system and check if DRIVER_POWER_STATE_Failure error occurs. In most of the cases, this fix has helped.
In case this did not help, you should try to disable your anti-virus. In some of the cases BSOD errors are triggered by software/hardware incompatibility with the antivirus. Thus, you should:
- Right-click on the Win key and select Control Panel.
- Click on it and then select Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find your antivirus on the list, click on it, and select Uninstall/Remove.
Finally, if you do not prefer the previous fixes or if they did not answered the purpose, you may try to run a scan with a PC optimization tool. This way, you would troubleshoot system problems like errors, startup problems, corrupted third-party software, viruses, and similar issues. Our recommendation would be to use Reimage or RegCure Pro.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: