Issue: How to fix Error Code 262146 in Call of Duty Modern Warfare?
Hello. After almost every Call of Duty Modern Warfare match, I get the 262146 error code saying “You have been disconnected”. Why is this happening? Any tips would be appreciated.
Error code 262146 in Call of Duty Modern Warfare can cause players to lose connection between the game and the Call of Duty online servers. This error, which is mostly a network-related problem, can appear for a number of reasons and cause interruptions to the game experience. Some users have noted that it frequently appears following matches, while others have noticed it happening during games and matchmaking.
It is possible to identify a faulty or unstable network as the primary source of the error indicating users with subpar network connections may be more vulnerable. Internet service providers (ISPs') transient problems may be a factor in the issue, especially if several background services are using up bandwidth. Error Code 262146 may appear in this case if the game's connection to the online servers becomes less stable.
The annoying disruptions this problem causes to the gaming experience make it clear how it affects people. A less enjoyable gaming session results from the error, which can happen during or after a match and disturbs the game's flow. Lag, disconnections, and other network-related problems might prevent users from completely immersing themselves in the game experience.
To resolve Error Code 262146, one must comprehend that the issue is network-related. Although there are particular fixes available, such as network troubleshooting and maybe modifying background services, users must understand that the problem might not be limited to their direct control. The suggested fixes frequently try to improve network configuration, fix brief ISP problems, and increase the general stability of the game's connection to the online servers.
In this guide, you will find 6 steps that should help you fix Error Code 262146 in Call of Duty Modern Warfare. You can also run a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, registry issues, or clear cookies and cache automatically. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Restart the PC
Upon encountering the error, we recommend closing the game and attempting to relaunch it. If the issue persists, please proceed to restart your system and verify whether the Modern Warfare Error Code 262146 error persists.
- Upon encountering the error, close the game.
- Re-run the game.
- If the error persists, restart the system.
Solution 2. Restart your Modem or Router
The error code you're facing is probably linked to an IP/TCP issue, and you can likely resolve it with a straightforward network reboot or reset, especially in less severe cases.
- Close the game completely.
- Disconnect and shut down your system.
- Restart your modem or router.
Solution 3. Check Server Issues
Activation maintains a dedicated page where issues with their online services for each game are reported. Go to the Activision support page and choose Call of Duty Modern Warfare from the drop-down menu on the right side of the screen. Once on the status page, verify if any problems are reported. If you see a green checkmark (ONLINE), it indicates normal server operation.
However, this doesn't necessarily guarantee that there isn't an issue beyond your control. To confirm, select your platform from the list under Server Status by Network. After being redirected to the next status page, check if the platform where you're playing the game is experiencing any server issues.
Solution 4. Update Network Driver
- Open the Run window by pressing the Windows key + R.
- Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- Locate the network driver in the Device Manager.
- Right-click on the driver.
- Click Update driver.
- Allow your system to download the driver.
- Restart your system.
- Check if the error persists.
Solution 5. Whitelist Modern Warfare in Windows Firewall
- Press the Windows key + S to open the Search utility.
- Type control and select Control Panel from the search results.
- Select View by: Category from the upper right corner.
- Click System and Security, then click Windows Defender Firewall.
- Select Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click Change settings button.
- Click Yes if the User Account Control window pops up.
- Scroll down to find all the apps or features related to your game and its launcher (Steam, Battle.net, etc).
- Check both Private and Public for them.
- Click OK to save the changes you have made.
Solution 6. Reinstall the Game
If none of the previous methods prove successful, proceed to this step. Occasionally, system files may become corrupted, leading to the error. In such cases, reinstalling the game is the only effective solution.
- Press the Windows key + R simultaneously.
- Type appwiz.cpl.
- Hit Enter to launch the Programs and Features window.
- Find Call of Duty Modern Warfare and right-click on it.
- Click on Uninstall. If a verification prompt opens, click on Yes.
- Complete the removal process and restart your device.
- Download the game from your preferred platform.
- Install the launcher on your device.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.