Issue: How to fix File System error (-2018375670) in Windows?
Hi. I am unable to open most of the apps on Windows because of the File System error (-2018375670). Is there any way to fix this?
File System errors in Windows are a common occurrence that can disrupt the smooth operation of a computer system. These errors are typically associated with the file system that the operating system uses to manage and store files. One such error, File System error (-2018375670), often arises when you attempt to open applications or files on your Windows system. This error can be a source of significant inconvenience, as it hampers the ability to access important files or use essential applications.
The File System error (-2018375670) is indicative of underlying issues within the Windows operating system. It usually signals a malfunction in the system's ability to read, write, or manage the files and applications. There are several reasons why this error might occur.
One common cause is corrupted system files, which can result from an incomplete software installation, an interrupted update process, or the presence of malicious software. Additionally, the error might stem from conflicts between the operating system and recently installed applications or drivers, which can cause inconsistencies in file management and access.
Another possible cause of File System error (-2018375670) is related to disk errors. These can occur if the hard drive where the system and applications are installed has bad sectors or is failing. Such physical issues with the storage device can prevent the proper functioning of the file system, leading to errors when accessing files or applications.
It's also important to consider the role of system updates. Sometimes, outdated or incompatible system updates can lead to conflicts with the file system, resulting in such errors. Ensuring that your Windows operating system is up-to-date can sometimes help in avoiding these types of issues.
While addressing File System error (-2018375670) can be complex, understanding its causes is the first step towards resolving it. If you're encountering this error, it's important to consider these potential causes.
In some cases, using a professional PC repair tool, like FortectMac Washing Machine X9, can be an effective way to diagnose and fix any underlying Windows issues automatically. This tool is designed to scan, identify, and resolve system errors, potentially providing a hassle-free solution to this challenging problem.
Fix 1. Run SFC and DISM
System File Checker (SFC) and Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) are Windows utilities that help repair corrupted system files and Windows image. SFC scans and restores missing or corrupted system files, while DISM repairs the Windows system image. These tools can be effective in resolving issues that may cause the File System error.
- Type cmd in Windows search.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt result and select Run as administrator.
- When the UAC window pops up, click Yes.
- In the Command Prompt window, paste the following command and press Enter:
- Wait for the scan to complete.
- Once the SFC scan is finished, run the following set of DISM commands, pressing Enter after each one:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- After completing the DISM commands, restart your computer.
Fix 2. Perform Check Disk
Check Disk is a utility that checks the integrity of the file system on your hard drive. It scans for and attempts to fix issues like bad sectors, lost clusters, and directory errors, which could be contributing to the File System error.
- Open Command Prompt as administrator.
- When User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following (replace X with the disk number):
chkdsk X: /f /r /x
- Hit Enter.
- If an error shows up, type Y and press Enter.
- The chkdsk tool will now scan your USB drive for bad sectors and attempt to repair them if found.
- Wait for the process to complete. It may take a while, depending on the size of your drive.
Fix 3. Scan your system for malware
Malware can often cause system file corruption, leading to File System errors. Scanning your system for malware and removing any detected threats can help resolve these issues. You can employ a third-party anti-malware, Microsoft Security Scanner, or the built-in Microsoft Defender:
- Type Windows Security in the Windows search bar and hit Enter.
- Select Virus & threat protection.
- Pick Scan options.
- Choose Microsoft Defender Offline scan and click Scan now.
- Your PC will immediately reboot and begin a deep scan.
Fix 4. Install all Windows updates
Keeping your Windows operating system up-to-date ensures you have the latest security patches and system improvements, which can sometimes resolve File System errors.
- Type Updates in Windows search and press Enter.
- Here, click Check for updates.
- Wait till Windows downloads and installs all the files.
- If optional updates are available, install them as well.
- Reboot your device.
Fix 5. Use Clean Boot to remove software conflicts
A Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, helping you rule out software conflicts as a cause of the File System error.
- Type msconfig in Windows search and hit Enter.
- Go to the Services tab and tick the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Select Disable all.
- Go to the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- Here, right-click on each of the non-Windows entries and select Disable.
- Close down the Task Manager.
- Go to the Boot tab and tick the Safe boot option.
- Restart your device.
Once in Clean Boot mode, observe if the File System error still occurs. If the error does not occur in Clean Boot mode, it indicates that one of the disabled programs or services is causing the issue. You can then enable services and startup items one by one (or in small groups) and restart the computer after each change to identify the problematic software. Once identified, you can update, reconfigure, or uninstall the problematic software to resolve the conflict.
Fix 6. Reset Windows Store cache
Resetting the Windows Store cache can resolve issues related to Windows Store apps, which might indirectly fix the File System error.
- In Windows search, type wsreset.exe and press Enter.
- Wait till a black window shows up – do not interact with it or close it.
- Once it's gone, Microsoft Store should restart.
Fix 7. Use System Restore
System Restore can revert your system settings and files to a previous state, potentially fixing the File System error without affecting your personal files.
- Type Create a restore point in the Windows search bar and open it.
- Click on System Restore.
- In the new window, click Next or Choose a different restore point.
- If available, mark the More restore points checkbox.
- Select the point in time when the issue did not exist and click Next.
- Finally, click Finish.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.