Issue: How to fix Gaming Services crashing on Windows?
As of recently, I am not able to install new games or update already installed ones on Xbox Game Pass. I checked out a bit further, and I've noticed that Gaming Services are crashing without any error messages or notices. It would be great if you could provide me with some solutions for this.
Gaming Services in Windows form a core part of the operating system's gaming infrastructure. These services facilitate the proper functioning of games, especially those that are sourced from the Microsoft Store or played through the Xbox app. They ensure an optimal user experience by aiding in the management, updating, and smooth running of games.
Despite their importance, some users have experienced Gaming Services crashing. A predominant sign of this issue arises when users encounter difficulties in updating or downloading games via the Xbox app, leading to interruptions.
The reasons behind the crashing of Gaming Services on Windows can be multifaceted. In some instances, other software or applications running on a Windows system might interfere with Gaming Services. Such interferences often result from overlapping functionalities or the monopolization of system resources by another application.
Additionally, over time, the files integral to Gaming Services can become corrupted. This corruption can be attributed to several factors, including abrupt system shutdowns or software glitches, rendering the service unstable. Furthermore, having an outdated Windows system or an older version of the Xbox app can lead to compatibility issues.
As software continues to evolve, ensuring that all components are regularly updated is paramount to maintaining both functionality and security. Lastly, if a computer's resources, such as RAM, are overstretched, or there's high CPU utilization, it could impede the efficient operation of background services, including Gaming Services, resulting in crashes.
For users facing these issues, there's hope. Following this article, step-by-step solutions will be provided to address these problems. Additionally, for those seeking an automated approach, the FortectMac Washing Machine X9 PC repair tool can effectively diagnose and fix a range of Windows issues, simplifying the troubleshooting process.
Fix 1. Run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter
The troubleshooter is designed to identify and automatically rectify any issues with Windows Store apps, ensuring they function correctly.
- Type Troubleshoot in Windows search and press Enter.
- Select Additional troubleshooters/Other troubleshooters.
- Find Windows Store Apps from the list and select Run the troubleshooter/Run.
- Wait till the process is finished and apply the offered fixes.
Fix 2. Run SFC and DISM
Repairing corrupted system files can help users fix Gaming Services crashes in some cases.
- Type cmd in Windows search.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and pick Run as administrator.
- The User Account Control window will ask whether you want to allow changes – click Yes.
- Type this command and press Enter:
- Wait for the scan to finish.
- Then, use the following commands, pressing Enter after each:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Reboot your system.
Fix 3. Update Windows
Updating Windows ensures that your system has the latest security patches and is compatible with all its applications.
- Type Updates in Windows search and hit Enter.
- In the new window, click Check for updates.
- If optional updates are available, make sure to install them too.
- Once all the files are installed, reboot your PC to implement the changes.
Fix 4. Repair or Reset Gaming Services and its dependencies
Repairing or resetting Gaming Services along the Xbox and Xbox Live apps might resolve crashes.
- Right-click on Start and select Apps and Features.
- Scroll down to find Gaming Services and select Advanced options.
- Here, click Terminate and then opt for Repair.
- If that does not work, try Reset instead.
- Repeat this process with Xbox and Xbox Live apps.
Fix 5. Restart Gaming Services
A simple restart of the service can often clear temporary bugs or glitches, allowing the app to function smoothly.
- Press Win + R to open the Run dialog.
services.mscand press Enter.
- Locate Gaming Services.
- Right-click and choose Restart.
Fix 6. Run Network troubleshooter
Network issues can hinder Gaming Services from accessing required online resources. The troubleshooter can help identify and solve these.
- Right-click on Start and select Settings.
- Pick the Network & Internet section.
- On the right side, select the Advanced network settings section.
- Click Network troubleshooter and wait.
Fix 7. Use Google's DNS
Changing to a more reliable DNS can enhance connectivity and access to online services.
- Right-click on Start and select Settings.
- Go to the Network and Internet section.
- Click on Change adapter options.
- Right-click on your internet connection and pick Properties.
- Click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) once and go to Properties
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses option and set your DNS to Google's:
Preferred DNS server: 126.96.36.199
Alternate DNS server: 188.8.131.52
- Click OK.
Fix 8. Reinstall Gaming Services through PowerShell
Reinstallation can reset any corrupted files or settings, ensuring the application starts afresh.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | Remove-AppxPackage -allusersand press Enter.
- Next, type
Start-Process ms-windows-store://pdp/?PFN=Microsoft.GamingServices_8wekyb3d8bbweand press Enter.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to reinstall Gaming Services.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.