Issue: How to fix HP printing error 0xDB0436BC in Windows?
Hello. I use the HP Envy 5055 printer and I keep getting the 0xDB0436BC error code. If I restart the printer, it starts printing but the error reappears again. Is there a way to fix this?
Many people frequently get the HP printer error code 0xDB0436BC in Windows, which can be very annoying. This error number usually indicates a communication problem between the printer and the computer, but it can also indicate a hardware fault with the printer. This problem can interfere with printing and impact users in many ways when it happens.
Above all, this error has the potential to seriously impair productivity. For business, personal, or educational needs, users depend on their printers to print hard copies of their documents. Users experience delays and possible annoyance when they are unable to finish printing operations due to the printer displaying the 0xDB0436BC error code.
One user noted that in certain situations, printing a document can be possible momentarily by simply restarting the printer. But it's crucial to remember that this is a temporary fix. Users may get into a cycle of constantly restarting the printer to fix the error, which is not a practical or effective solution. The error is also likely to recur.
To address the 0xDB0436BC error, users can consider a few potential solutions. These could be doing a factory reset on the printer, upgrading the printer drivers, or making sure the printer is connected to the computer. Users might also have to check the printer for any physical problems or conflicts with other devices on the same network.
In this guide, you will find 3 steps that should help you fix HP printing error 0xDB0436BC. You can also try running a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Reset the Printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove the USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight into a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug the power cord into the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till the warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
Solution 2. Update Printer Firmware
Every HP printer model comes with its specific firmware. Therefore, to acquire the most up-to-date firmware, you should go to the respective support website and install the firmware that matches your device model.
- Visit the HP Support website to download and install or update the firmware on an HP printer.
- Click on Software and Drivers.
- Select Printers.
- Add the model of your printer in the Enter your product name field.
- Click Submit.
- Expand the Printer Firmware field.
- Download the recent firmware from the list of available firmware for your printer.
- Once the file is downloaded successfully, run the installer (ensure the printer is connected to the PC).
- Restart your PC.
Solution 3. Disable IPv6
- Click on the Windows Search bar and search for Control Panel.
- When Control Panel opens, navigate to Network and Internet.
- Click on Network and Sharing Center, and after that click on Change Adapter Settings.
- At the Network Connections window, double-click on the option Wi-Fi network adapter.
- After that, click on Properties.
- From the list, uncheck the box beside IPv6, and finally click OK.
Solution 4. Update Printer Drivers
- Launch the Device Manager.
- Go to Print Queues and expand the list.
- Select Update driver and check if the problem is gone.
- If it persists, select Uninstall device to remove your current print drivers.
- Restart your computer.
- Your device will automatically install the latest print drivers.
You can also use a dedicated utility like DriverFix that can find the best drivers for your machine and install them automatically.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.