Issue: How to fix KB5014019 fails to install on Windows?
Hello. I have been trying to install the latest update for Windows 11 but the process fails. What should I do?
Windows 11 was released by Microsoft at the end of 2021. People can enjoy an updated user interface, new design, and many other features. However, the newest version of the operating system did not come without any issues. Users regularly experience various bugs, errors, and crashes.
We previously wrote about problems like WiFi icon missing, clock and date missing, mouse cursor freezing or not responding above Windows 11 taskbar, and many others. Now users are running into issues with Windows updates. Specifically, many receive an error when trying to install the KB5014019 optional update. The error message reads as follows:
This update could not be installed, but you can try again (0x800f081f)
Optional updates are always labeled as “preview” on Windows. It is not necessary to install them as they are used to test non-security fixes, improvements, and new features. Additionally, those who managed to install KB5014019 experience major issues such as:
- Third-party security program protection features not working
- .NET Framework application bugs
- Taskbar icons missing
In this guide, you will find 6 steps that could help you fix KB5014019 fails to install on Windows issue. You will also find instructions on how to uninstall the update if it causes you problems. However, troubleshooting can be a lengthy process, so you can use a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix various system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below carefully.
Method 1. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Click the Windows button and select Settings
- Select System from the left pane, then scroll down on the right pane, and click on Troubleshoot
- Click on Other troubleshooters
- Locate the Windows Update troubleshooter and hit the Run button
Method 2. Restart Windows Services
- Type services in the search bar and launch the Services utility
- Find Windows Update in the list
- Double-click on it, set the Startup type to Automatic, and click Apply
- Now click on Restart the Service
- Do the same with Background Intelligent Transfer Service
Method 3. Use Microsoft Update Catalog
Whenever Windows updates fail to install automatically, you can always try doing it manually. First, you need to find out which KB number is relevant to you.
- Right-click Start button and pick Settings
- Go to Update & Security
- On the right, locate and click View update history
- From the list, note the KB number that fails to install with the error code
- Go to Microsoft Update Catalog page, type in the KB number and press Search
- Download the update and install it manually
Method 4. Reset Windows Update Components
- Open the Command Prompt as an Administrator
- Type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each:
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptsvc
Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat”
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore DataStore.bak
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download Download.bak
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.bak
sc.exe sdset bits D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
sc.exe sdset wuauserv D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
cd /d %windir%\system32
netsh winsock reset
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start cryptsvc
- Wait for the process to finish and restart your PC
Method 5. Use Windows 11 Installation Assistant
- Download the Windows 11 Installation Assistant from the official Microsoft website
- Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions
Method 6. Use Media Creation Tool
- Visit the official Microsoft website to download Windows 11 Installation Media
- Run the Media Creation Tool and select Create Installation Media for another PC
- Select ISO file
- Click Finish
- On the PC you wish to upgrade, press Windows + E to open the File Explorer
- Open the Removable drive and click Setup.exe
- Accept the license terms on the next screen
- Confirm the Upgrade options – Files, apps and Settings are kept
- Click Install, and the upgrade should start
How to uninstall the KB5014019 update?
If the installation of KB5014019 has caused you problems, you can try uninstalling it through your settings.
- In Settings, from the left sidebar, select Windows Update
- On the Windows Update page, click Update History
- From the Related Settings section, choose Uninstall Updates
- To remove an update, select it in the list and then click Uninstall
- Click Yes in the prompt to continue
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.