Issue: How to fix KB5030310 fails to install in Windows 11?
Hello. I tried installing the newest KB5030310 update for Windows 11 but it failed. Is there a way to fix it?
Users who are anticipating the quality enhancements and bug fixes that come with KB5030310 may find it rather disappointing because it won't install on Windows 11. The Microsoft Excel, search button, and sleep mode, among other problems, are all addressed in this non-security update.
This update includes a fix for a Microsoft Excel-related problem. It solves an issue where Excel becomes unresponsive when an Outlook user tries to share a file as a PDF. This particular issue can significantly affect users who rely on Excel for their work, causing disruptions and potential loss of data if the program becomes unresponsive during critical tasks.
Another problem resolved by KB5030310 is the search button's removal when using the search flyout box. The inability of users to rapidly access and use the search function, which is a crucial capability for discovering files, apps, and information on their Windows 11 system, can have an adverse effect on the entire user experience.
A sleep mode issue is also fixed by the upgrade. When you wake up from sleep, a blank window with the heading “Windows Input Experience” displays. Users who frequently utilize sleep mode to conserve energy or safeguard their work progress may find this problem bothersome because the sudden appearance of this popup might mess up their productivity and cause confusion.
To resolve these issues and benefit from the improvements provided by KB5030310, users should attempt to install the update using standard Windows Update procedures. If that does not work, you will find 6 steps in this guide, that should help you fix the issue. You can also run a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Repair Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 2. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Click the Windows button and select Settings
- Select System from the left pane, then scroll down on the right pane, and click on Troubleshoot
- Click on Other troubleshooters
- Locate the Windows Update troubleshooter and hit the Run button
Solution 3. Restart Windows Services
- Type services in the search bar and launch the Services utility
- Find Windows Update in the list
- Double-click on it, set the Startup type to Automatic, and click Apply
- Now click on Restart the Service
- Do the same with Background Intelligent Transfer Service
Solution 4. Use the Microsoft Update Catalog
- Go to the official Microsoft Update Catalog website
- Type the KB number KB5030310 into the search bar, and press Enter or click Search
- You will find many different versions on the update – you need to find the one that matches your PC specs and Windows version (as a home user, ignore Windows server versions)
- After picking the correct version, click the Download button and proceed with the on-screen instructions
- Restart your system once done
Solution 5. Reset Windows Update Components
- Type cmd in the search bar.
- Right-click on Command Prompt in the search results.
- Select Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window:
- Type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each:
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
- Execute the following commands one by one:
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- Restart your PC.
- Check to see if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 6. Use Installation Media
If none of the previous steps helped you resolve the issue, your current installation of Windows may be corrupt. Perform a repair installation and see if it fixes the issue of updates not installing.
- Visit the official Microsoft website to download Windows 11 Installation Media.
- Run the Media Creation Tool and select Create Installation Media for another PC.
- Select your USB drive.
- Let the Process complete of writing the Installation files to the USB drive.
- Click Finish.
- On the PC you wish to upgrade, Press Windows + E to open the File Explorer.
- Open the Removable drive and click Setup.exe.
- Accept the license terms on the next screen.
- Confirm the Upgrade options – Files, apps and Settings are kept.
- Click Install, and the upgrade should start.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.