Issue: How to fix logonUI.exe error in Windows?
Hello. I can't log into Windows because a Runtime Library error window appears caused by logonUI.exe. Any way to fix this quickly?
Users may experience frustration with the LogonUI.exe System Error in Windows, which frequently appears unexpectedly during the login procedure. This error is frequently brought on by issues with third-party software that has been downloaded and installed on a user's computer. The Logon User Interface, often known as LogonUI.exe, is an essential Windows component in charge of managing user logins and displaying the login screen.
This error can have a number of negative implications on users' experiences. It first and primarily prohibits users from logging in to the machine and accessing their Windows accounts. Users who depend on their computers for work, personal tasks, or other important activities may find this to be especially bothersome.
Additionally, the LogonUI.exe System Error might make users feel frustrated and anxious, particularly those who are less technically inclined. Users may feel unsure about how to proceed if the error message itself does not clearly explain the reason of the issue or how to fix it.
Depending on the underlying cause of the LogonUI.exe error, this problem may occasionally be accompanied by other symptoms such as system instability, sluggish performance, or even sporadic crashes. Troubleshooting and locating the precise third-party program or driver that is causing the issue are typically necessary steps in order to fix the LogonUI.exe System Error.
Users may need to start their computer in Safe Mode, which turns off third-party software, before carefully uninstalling or updating any drivers or software that could cause issues. In extreme circumstances, users may need to either contact technical support or execute a system restore to a time before the error occurred.
In this guide, you will find 8 steps that should help you fix logonUI.exe error in Windows. You may also run a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Start in Safe Mode
If your Windows PC does not boot up normally, you have to enter Safe Mode to be able to troubleshoot the issue.
- Press the Windows key and click the Power icon.
- Now, press and hold the Shift key and choose the Restart option from the menu.
- When your PC restarts, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options.
- Choose the Startup Settings option.
- Next, click the Restart button.
- When your PC restarts, press the corresponding key to Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking.
Solution 1. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 2. Try Clean Boot
- Open the Search menu, type in system configuration, and press Enter.
- Under the Services tab, tick the Hide all Microsoft services box.
- Click on Disable all button.
- Head over to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager.
- Select a third-party program and click on Disable at the top.
- Repeat this step to disable all third-party apps and programs.
- Restart your PC to enter the clean boot state and see if the issue persists.
- If the issue disappeared in the clean boot state, then you can be certain that a third-party app is causing it.
- Go through all recently installed apps or programs and remove them one by one.
Solution 3. Use System Restore
System Restore is a feature in Microsoft Windows that allows users to revert their computer's state to a previous point in time. This can be helpful if you have made changes to your system that are causing problems.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Type SystemPropertiesProtection and press Enter.
- Go to the System Protection tab.
- You will see the System Restore… button. Click it to run System Restore.
- Follow the prompts until you can select a restore point.
- Select the one you want (ideally before the issue started occurring) and go ahead with the process.
Solution 4. Disable PIN login
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app and select the Accounts option.
- Now, click the Sign-in options in the menu on the left, and scroll down to the PIN section.
- Click on the Remove button. Windows will ask you to confirm that you want to remove your PIN.
- Click on Remove. Now you have to enter your password and click on OK to remove your PIN.
Solution 5. Remove the Sensible Vision FastAccess App
- Press the Windows key + I and select the Apps option.
- Click the Sensible Vision FastAccess app.
- Select the Uninstall button.
- Finally, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
Solution 6. Reinstall Display Driver
- If your Windows can’t start normally, start it in Safe Mode.
- Right-click the Start icon and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Display adapters options and right-click your graphics card.
- Next, choose Uninstall device.
- Check Delete the driver software for this device and click on the Uninstall button.
- Finally, restart your PC.
Solution 7. Disable Anti-Aliasing
- Open Nvidia Control Panel.
- Choose Manage 3D settings from the menu on the left.
- In the right pane, go to Global Settings.
- Locate Antialiasing – Mode and set it to Off.
- Optionally, turn off Multi-Frame Sampled AA (MFAA) if desired.
- Click on Apply to save changes.
Solution 8. Reset Windows
- Restart your computer a few times during the boot sequence.
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Now, select Reset this PC.
- Finally, choose the Remove files option and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.