Issue: How to fix Microsoft PowerPoint not printing correctly in Windows?
So, there is something wrong with PowerPoint and the way it prints stuff. It often comes out as blurry and even crops the pictures in some cases. Please advise on this – how do I fix it?
Microsoft PowerPoint, a staple of the Microsoft Office suite, is widely recognized for its efficiency in creating and presenting slideshows. It has become an indispensable tool for business presentations, academic lectures, and other forms of visual communication. An essential component of PowerPoint's functionality is its ability to print slides for handouts, notes, or physical records. However, for some users, the process doesn't always run smoothly.
Users have reported various issues when attempting to print from PowerPoint. Some encounter problems with images within their presentations, which appear distorted or misaligned, diminishing their visual appeal. Others mention that their printer omits certain sections of slides, missing crucial information and resulting in incomplete printouts. Additionally, there are complaints regarding color inconsistencies, where the printed colors don't align with what's displayed on the screen.
Several factors can contribute to these printing anomalies. Incorrect printer settings might be a common culprit, causing parts of the slides to be cut off or colors to be inaccurately represented. At times, outdated or incompatible printer drivers can interfere with how PowerPoint communicates with the printer, leading to distortions or omitted content.
It's also possible that occasional bugs or glitches in PowerPoint disrupt its print function, especially after software updates or when there are incompatibilities with other computer programs. Furthermore, the printer's hardware limitations could be at play, where certain devices struggle to reproduce the colors or resolutions set in the PowerPoint presentation accurately.
In the quest to address and mitigate these printing discrepancies, users often delve into adjusting printer settings, ensuring drivers are up-to-date, and troubleshooting potential software conflicts. For those looking to further enhance their system's performance and resolve underlying issues, the FortectMac Washing Machine X9 PC repair tool is a notable mention. This tool can address corrupted system files, resolve registry inconsistencies, and clean system junk, offering a holistic approach to system maintenance.
Fix 1. Update printer drivers
Outdated or incompatible printer drivers can cause printing anomalies in PowerPoint. Updating your printer drivers ensures that your computer communicates effectively with the printer.
- Right-click on Start and select Device Manager from the menu.
- Expand the Printers or Print queues category.
- Right-click on your printer and select Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers and let Windows find the best driver for your printer.
- Restart your PC and try to connect to the printer again.
Fix 2. Check printer settings
Incorrect printer settings can result in parts of slides being omitted or colors being misprinted.
- Open your PowerPoint presentation.
- Go to File > Options.
- Go to the Advanced tab and select your preferred options (for example, if your pictures are low quality, mark the High quality checkbox).
- Click OK to save changes.
- Next, press Ctrl + P, then select the correct size, orientation, and print layout.
- Finally, print the test page to see if these settings worked for you.
Fix 3. Use PowerPoint's safe mode
Safe mode starts PowerPoint without plugins or extensions that might be causing issues.
- Press Win + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type in PowerPnt /safe and hit Enter.
- A prompt will appear asking if you want to start in Safe Mode. Click yes.
- Open your presentation and attempt to print.
Fix 4. Disable add-ins
- Open PowerPoint and go to File > Options.
- Go to the Add-ins section.
- At the bottom, on the right side, select COM Add-ins from the drop-down menu and pick Go.
- Here, untick all the add-ins and click OK.
- Try printing the document and see if PowerPoint is printing correctly now.
Fix 5. Run Printer troubleshooter
Printer Troubleshooter is an integrated feature within the Windows operating system. Its primary purpose is to identify and address prevalent printer-related problems. By systematically analyzing and diagnosing potential issues with connected printers, this tool offers guided solutions to help users overcome challenges they might encounter during printing tasks.
- Type in Troubleshoot in Windows search and hit Enter.
- Go to Additional Troubleshooters/Other troubleshooters.
- Pick the Printer section and click Run the troubleshooter/Run.
- Apply the recommended fixes.
- Restart your device.
Fix 6. Repair MS Office
Microsoft Office, which includes PowerPoint, sometimes encounters internal errors or corrupted files that can affect its performance, including its printing capabilities. Fortunately, the Office suite comes with a built-in repair tool designed to detect and resolve these issues automatically, restoring the program to its optimal state.
- Close all Microsoft Office applications.
- Go to the Control Panel on your computer.
- Click on Programs and Features or Uninstall a program, depending on your view.
- Scroll through the list to find your version of Microsoft Office.
- Right-click on it and select Change.
- In the window that pops up, you'll typically see options like Quick Repair and Online Repair.
- Quick Repair scans and fixes most issues without needing an internet connection.
- Online Repair is a more comprehensive fix but requires an internet connection and takes longer.
- Choose a repair option and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the repair process is completed, restart your computer.
- Open PowerPoint and try printing your presentation again.
Fix 7. Update PowerPoint
Outdated software can occasionally lead to bugs or glitches, so make sure your Office is using the latest version.
- Open PowerPoint.
- Go to File and then select Office account on the left.
- On the right side, click on Update options.
- Select Update now from the dropdown menu.
- Wait till all the updates are installed and restart your computer.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.