Issue: How to fix Modern Warfare Dev Error 6328 in Windows?
Hello. For the past few days, I keep getting Dev Error 6328 when trying to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. How can I fix this?
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is a popular first-person shooter video game for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One that was released in 2019. The game is a reboot of the original Modern Warfare series and the sixteenth installment in the Call of Duty series.
The game is a fan favorite among gamers due to its realistic gameplay, immersive storyline, and visually stunning graphics. It has a large fan base because of its engaging multiplayer mode, which allows players to compete against each other in a variety of game modes.
Dev Error 6328 is a common problem that players have encountered while playing Modern Warfare on Windows. This error can be caused by a number of factors, including conflicts between the EA app and Battle.net services, server and system outages, DirectX version compatibility issues, and graphics driver issues.
Dev Error 6328 can cause the game to crash, preventing players from continuing to play. This problem can be aggravating for gamers, particularly those who have invested time and money in the game.
Possible solutions include updating the graphics driver, switching to DirectX 11, changing the game's priority in Task Manager, and closing all background services related to the EA app. However, depending on the specific cause, the steps to resolve the issue may differ, and users may need to seek additional assistance from official support channels.
In this guide, you will find 5 steps that should help you fix Modern Warfare Dev Error 6328 in Windows. If you experience Windows OS issues, you can try using a repair tool like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, registry issues, or clear cookies and cache. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Restart your PC
One suggestion is to restart your Windows computer system and then launch Modern Warfare again. Additionally, it's worth checking if there is a server or system outage that might be causing the game to malfunction. This is important because sudden error 6328 messages can often be attributed to server or system outages.
Solution 2. Switch to DirectX 11
DirectX is a crucial collection of APIs that manages the visual components of software and games on Windows, Xbox, and mobile devices. Most modern video games support multiple versions of DirectX. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare works with both DirectX 11 and 12. Thus, the suggestion here is to switch to DirectX 11 since DirectX 12 is the default version.
- Launch the Steam client and navigate to your game library.
- Right-click on the game you want to modify and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the General tab and then select the Set Launch Options button.
- In the dialog box that appears, type -dxlevel 11.
- Click on the OK button to save your changes.
- Close the Properties window.
- Launch the game to see if the changes have been applied.
- Launch the Battle.net client.
- Look for the Gear icon that is located next to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and click on it.
- Select Game Settings.
- Find the checkbox next to Additional Command Line Arguments and check it.
- Type -d3d11 inside the command line box.
- Click on the Done button.
- Restart the client.
- Check if the error is still occurring.
Solution 3. Change Priority Settings
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard.
- Click on the Details tab.
- Right-click on the Modern Warfare executable file.
- From the context menu, select Set Priority.
- A list of options will appear.
- Select the High option, and avoid selecting any other option.
- Click on Change Priority to confirm your decision.
Solution 4. Close EA-related Processes
To resolve Dev Error 6328, it may be necessary to close all background services related to the EA app since this error can result from a conflict between the EA app and Battle.net services.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Go to the Processes tab and right-click on the EA app icon.
- Select the End Task option from the context menu.
- Next, switch to the Startup tab.
- Right-click on the EA app and choose Disable.
- From now on, the EA app will not start automatically after a system boot.
Solution 5. Update Graphics Driver
Outdated drivers could be the cause of this issue. In this case, you can fix it automatically by using DriverFix, which will scan your PC for missing and out-of-date device drivers. Or you can update them manually:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Click the Check for updates button.
- Click the View optional updates option.
- Click the Driver updates tab.
- Select the driver you want to update.
- Click the Download and install button.
If the View optional updates link is not available after checking for updates, then Windows Update does not have any new drivers or any updates for other products at that particular time.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.
- ^ Device driver. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- ^ Chris Hoffman. Everything You Need To Know About the Blue Screen of Death. Howtogeek. Tech Insight Magazine.
- ^ Tim Fisher. What Is the Windows Registry?. Lifewire. Software and Apps.