Issue: How to fix Night Light feature grayed out in Windows?
Hello. I wanted to turn on the Night light feature in Windows but the option is grayed out, and I can't click on it. What should I do to enable it again?
The purpose of Windows' Night Light function is to lessen the quantity of blue light that your computer's screen emits at night or in the evening. Electronic devices frequently emit blue light, which is known to disturb sleep and can strain the eyes. By changing the display's color temperature from its usual chilly, bluish tones to warmer, more yellowish tones, Night Light illuminates the screen. By lessening the effects of blue light exposure, this modification is meant to be easier on the eyes and encourage healthy sleep.
On a Windows PC, the Night Light feature is grayed out, which means users are unable to access or utilize this functionality. Users who rely on Night Light to make using their computers more pleasant at night may find this problem to be inconvenient. They are virtually prevented from personalizing the color temperature and timing due to the grayed-out option.
Users may be impacted in a number of different ways if Night Light cannot be used as intended. First and foremost, especially if they use their laptops late at night, it can interfere with their sleep patterns. Blue light exposure at night can disrupt the body's normal circadian rythm, making it more difficult to fall asleep and perhaps causing sleep disorders.
Users may need to investigate multiple solutions, such as updating graphics drivers, tweaking display settings, or changing system settings, to resolve the problem with the grayed out Night Light function. This article includes 5 steps that should assist you in resolving Windows' grayed-out Night Light function. You can also run a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Install Windows Updates
- Click Start on the taskbar.
- Select the Setting app pinned to the Start menu.
- Click Windows Update on the left side of Settings.
- Press the Check for updates button to download and install new patch updates.
Solution 2. Modify Windows Registry
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run window.
- Type regedit into the box and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor window.
- Navigate to the aimed folder with the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > CloudStore > Store > DefaultAccount > Cloud.
- Expand the Cloud folder to find the following folders:
- Right-click on each folder and choose Delete respectively.
- If the two folders do not exist under the Cloud folder, you can go to the Cache > DefaultAccount to check whether the two folders are here.
- Afterward, restart your computer to fully apply these changes.
Solution 3. Update Display Driver
- Click on the Search icon.
- Type Device Manager in the search bar.
- Click on Open when Device Manager appears.
- In Device Manager, find and click on Display adapters to expand the section.
- Right-click on your graphics card listed in the expanded section.
- Select Update driver from the context menu.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers.
Solution 4. Run a Night Light Script
- Press the Windows key + S to open the search dialog box.
- Type Notepad and open the corresponding entry.
- In the new Notepad file, paste the following script:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate][HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate\Current] “Data”=hex:02,00,00,00,54,83,08,4a,03,ba,d2,01,00,00,00,00,43,42,01,00,10,00,\d0,0a,02,c6,14,b8,8e,9d,d0,b4,c0,ae,e9,01,00
- Click on File, select Save as, and save it as NightLight.reg. Ensure that you use the .reg extension to allow the Registry Editor to recognize and execute the script.
- Double-click on the NightLight.reg script and press YES if prompted for administrator privileges.
- Check to see if the Night Light option is working now.
Solution 5. Use System Restore
System Restore is a feature in Microsoft Windows that allows users to revert their computer's state to a previous point in time. This can be helpful if you have made changes to your system that are causing problems.
- Go to the Start menu, type restore, and click on Create a restore point.
- Click System Restore, then follow the prompts until you can select a restore point.
- Select the one you want (ideally before the issue started occurring) and go ahead with the process.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.