Issue: How to fix “No route” error in Discord?
Hello. When I try to connect with a voice channel on Discord in Windows, I get the “No route” error. How can I get this fixed?
Discord's “No Route” error is a common problem that appears when a user's network or Internet service provider (ISP) has trouble connecting to the Discord server. This issue frequently occurs when users try to join a voice channel in Discord, which keeps them from being able to use the voice chat feature in the app. This problem can greatly affect users' ability to communicate in real-time during gaming sessions, as Discord is widely used for both gaming and communication.
The “No Route” problem can be especially annoying for those that depend on Discord's voice chat feature for planning tactics, interacting with others, or just having a more engaging gaming experience. The smooth flow of communication in gaming communities is disrupted when a voice channel cannot be reached, which may have an impact on coordination, teamwork, and the enjoyment of gaming in general.
The fact that this error is related to problems with connections between the user's network and Discord servers emphasizes how crucial having a dependable internet connection is. Gamers who encounter the “No Route” issue may discover that their gaming sessions are hindered; in particular, losing real-time communication can make the experience feel less immersive and connected.
While there are workarounds for the “No Route” problem, they frequently entail resetting internet connections, altering firewall settings, or debugging network arrangements. Users encountering this issue may need to explore these solutions to restore seamless communication on Discord.
In this guide, you will find 6 steps that should help you fix “No route” error in Discord. You can also run a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, registry issues, or clear cookies and cache automatically. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Restart the Router
Initially, attempt to reboot both your PC and router. For the router, disconnect the power plug, wait a few minutes, and then reconnect it. Additionally, consider restarting the application. This allows the Windows system to inspect and address any issues that may arise as necessary.
Solution 2. Whitelist Discord through Windows Firewall
- Press the Windows key.
- Type firewall and choose Windows Defender Firewall to open the Control Panel app.
- Click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall to access the allowed app options.
- Click the Change settings option.
- Select all the checkboxes for Discord if they're not already selected.
- Press the OK button.
Solution 3. Turn off the Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority Setting
- Click the gear button at the bottom left of Discord to access additional options.
- Go to Voice & Video settings.
- Scroll down and toggle the Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority option off.
- After disabling this option, restart Discord.
Solution 4. Disable VPN Software
- Press the Windows key.
- Type network and select View network connections to open the Control Panel app.
- Right-click your VPN in the list and choose Disable.
- Attempt to connect to a voice channel in Discord with the VPN disabled.
Solution 5. Uninstall Antivirus Software
- Use the keyboard shortcut Windows key + R.
- Input appwiz.cpl in the Open box and click OK to open the Programs and Features app.
- Select your listed antivirus software, and click on the Uninstall option.
- Click Yes on any confirmation prompt that opens.
- Restart Windows after uninstalling the antivirus software.
Solution 6. Flush the DNS
- Press the Windows key.
- Type cmd, then right-click on the Command Prompt result, and select Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt, type the following command and press Enter:
- Copy and paste the next command, then press Enter:
- Use the following command and be sure to press Enter:
- Restart Windows after flushing the DNS.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.