Issue: How to fix Offspon.exe error in Windows?
Hello. I keep getting the “OffSpon.exe stopped working” error on my Windows PC. What does it mean? Is there a way to fix it?
Rotating advertising are displayed to users of the free Office version by the OffSpon.exe program, a component that is included with the Microsoft Office 2010 Starter edition. Despite being generally regarded as secure, this process has been known to generate a number of problems that can have a big impact on how users interact with their Windows machines.
The “OffSpon.exe stopped working” error message is one of the frequent problems that users have noticed. This problem can prevent Office Starter version from operating normally and make it challenging for users to access or edit their documents. Another problem message that people run through is “OffSpon.exe preventing shutdown,” which is particularly annoying because it makes it difficult to restart or shut down the machine properly.
In addition to these error messages, the OffSpon.exe process may also be to blame for the PC user's high CPU and GPU consumption. This occurs as a result of the process' constant rotation of adverts and potential frequent attempts to connect to the internet. High resource utilization can cause the computer to lag, interfere with other open programs, and make computing in general less responsive.
The result of all these problems is that users may become irritated and utilize their computers less effectively. The user's computer experience may become less fun and productive due to persistent error warnings, sluggish system performance, and invasive advertisements.
To address these problems, users may consider several potential solutions. In this guide, you will find 4 steps that should help you fix the issue of Offspon.exe errors in Windows. You can also run a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. End the Process
- Press the Windows key + X.
- Select Task Manager.
- Locate the OffSpon.exe process.
- Right-click it.
- Select the End task option.
Method 2. Enter Safe Mode
- Press the Windows key + I.
- Select Recovery in the right pane.
- Click the Restart now button before Advanced startup.
- After your PC restarts, select Troubleshoot.
- Select Advanced options.
- Choose Startup Settings.
- Click the Restart button.
- Finally, press the corresponding key to Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking after your PC restarts.
Method 3. Try Clean Boot
- Open the Search menu, type in system configuration, and press Enter.
- Under the Services tab, tick the Hide all Microsoft services box.
- Click on Disable all button.
- Head over to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager.
- Select a third-party program and click on Disable at the top.
- Repeat this step to disable all third-party apps and programs.
- Restart your PC to enter the clean boot state and see if the issue persists.
- If the issue disappeared in the clean boot state, then you can be certain that a third-party app is causing it.
- Go through all recently installed apps or programs and remove them one by one.
Method 4. Uninstall OffSpon.exe
- Press the Windows key + R.
- Type appwiz.cpl.
- Click the OK button.
- Right-click Microsoft Office Starter 2010.
- Select Uninstall.
- Click the Yes button when asked for confirmation.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.