Issue: How to fix Oleaut32.dll could not be opened error in Windows?
Hello. When I try to install a program on Windows I get the “Oleaut32.dll could not be opened” error. Any way to fix this?
A lot of users have reported seeing the “Oleaut32.dll could not be opened” error on Windows, which frequently appears just after trying to install a certain program. This specific error, which appears when installation files are being executed, points to a serious problem with the Oleaut32.dll file.
This error is frequently encountered by users due to system and program incompatibilities. This discrepancy may arise due to the software being designed for a different Windows version or architecture. On the other hand, the issue can mean that you don't have enough user privileges to start the installation.
Oleaut32.dll errors can have serious repercussions for users since they prevent desired programs from being installed. The fact that this problem frequently arises as users are starting the installation procedure adds to their irritation. This disruption potentially makes it more difficult for users to obtain the required software in addition to negatively impacting their experience.
Moreover, users can start to doubt the reliability and compatibility of their systems due to the error's unclear nature. Users trying to install new apps or software updates may feel irritated and inconvenienced due to the confusion surrounding the source of the Oleaut32.dll error.
Resolving the Oleaut32.dll issue involves addressing the root causes – either the application's compatibility with the system or the user's installation privileges. Changing compatibility settings or making sure the user has proper permission to carry out the installation are two possible fixes.
In this guide, you will find 2 steps that should help you fix Oleaut32.dll could not be opened error in Windows. You can also run a system repair tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Verify Troubleshoot Compatibility
- Press the Windows key and search for oleaut32.
- Right-click on the file and select Open file location.
- Navigate to the following folder: C:WindowsSystem32.
- Right-click on the installation shortcut and choose Properties.
- This action opens the Properties window.
- In the Properties window, click on the Compatibility tab.
- To automatically troubleshoot program compatibility, select Run compatibility troubleshooter and allow Windows to analyze the issue.
- After a few seconds, the system will suggest settings to resolve the oleaut32.dll could not be opened problem.
- Click Try recommended settings.
- On the next screen, click Test the program to check if the application still displays the oleaut32.dll could not be opened error.
- If oleaut32.dll still crashes, proceed to troubleshoot it manually.
Solution 2. Troubleshoot Compatibility Manually
- Press the Windows key and search for oleaut32.
- Right-click on the file and choose Open file location.
- Locate the file in the folder: C:WindowsSystem32.
- Right-click on the executable file and opt for Properties.
- In the Properties window, go to the Compatibility tab.
- On the Compatibility tab, tick the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- If the program ran correctly on an earlier Windows version, choose it from the dropdown menu below Run this program in compatibility mode for: and click Apply.
- If not, select Windows 8 and hit Apply.
- Run the program. If the oleaut32.dll could not be opened error persists, return to Step 5 and choose a different Windows version.
- Repeat until the application runs without errors.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.