Issue: How to fix Phone Link opening automatically on Windows?
Hello. I started experiencing this weird issue where the Phone Link app keeps opening automatically on Windows. Is there a way to fix this?
For customers who depend on Phone Link to easily link their mobile devices with their Windows laptops, the app's frequent and sporadic openings have become a bothersome issue. Phone Link is an essential tool for making phone data, like pictures, messages, call records, and more – accessible straight from the PC. Moreover, it facilitates computer-based phone calls, which further underscores its importance in simplifying communication.
Nonetheless, users experience a great deal of inconvenience due to the ongoing issue of Phone Link opening both automatically and at random. The sudden launches of the application cause interruptions to people's regular workflow, which can be annoying and distracting. The unexpected appearance of Phone Link may cause users to navigate away from their open tasks or applications.
This problem may affect users more broadly, impacting their productivity as well as their overall experience. Consider a situation where a user is deeply involved in an activity that demands concentration or is working on a significant project. This focus can be disrupted by Phone Link's abrupt entry, which could result in mistakes or delays in finishing the activity at hand. Moreover, Phone Link's automatic opening could conflict with other programs or processes, confusing users and impairing the computer's efficiency.
Concerns regarding the security and privacy of user data may also arise as a result of Phone Link's unexpected behavior. Users may get suspicious when the program runs unexpectedly and begin to doubt the security of their personal data and their degree of control over the connection between their Windows computers and mobile devices.
In this guide, you will find 5 steps that should help you fix Phone Link opening automatically on Windows. You can also run a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Set Background Component Permission to Never
- Press the Windows key + I to open System settings.
- Navigate to the right panel and click on System Components.
- In the list on the next page, find Phone Link and click on the three dots.
- From the menu, select Advanced options.
- Click on the drop-down for Background component permission.
- Set the permission to Never.
For Windows 11 23H2:
- Users running this version can go to Settings > Apps > Installed apps > Phone Link > 3 dots > Advanced options.
For Windows 10:
- Navigate to Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Phone Link > Advanced options.
Solution 2. Disable Phone Call Access
- Right-click on Start and select Settings.
- Choose Privacy & security from the left menu.
- Under App permissions, select Phone calls.
- Turn off Phone call access.
Solution 3. Disable Startup App
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- On the Task Manager, click on Startup apps from the left side.
- Find and select Phone Link.
- Click on Disable and check if the app does not open randomly.
Solution 4. Uninstall Phone Link
If you don't need the Phone Link app, you can just uninstall it to avoid it opening randomly:
- Navigate to Settings > System > System > Components > Phone Link.
- Click on 3 dots (ellipsis) and select Uninstall.
- If any confirmation popup opens, respond positively.
Solution 5. Try Clean Boot
- Open the Search menu, type in system configuration, and press Enter.
- Under the Services tab, tick the Hide all Microsoft services box.
- Click on Disable all button.
- Head over to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager.
- Select a third-party program and click on Disable at the top.
- Repeat this step to disable all third-party apps and programs.
- Restart your PC to enter the clean boot state and see if the issue persists.
- If the issue disappeared in the clean boot state, then you can be certain that a third-party app is causing it.
- Go through all recently installed apps or programs and remove them one by one.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.