Issue: How to fix rpcrt4.dll missing or not found error in Windows?
Hello. I keep getting the “rpcrt4.dll is missing” or “rpcrt4.dll was not found” errors on my Windows PC. Is there a way to fix this?
The Windows “rpcrt4.dll missing or not found” error is a frequent problem that can seriously impair users' access to specific programs or services. Remote Procedure Call Runtime, or Rpcrt4.dll, is an essential system file that makes it easier for various software applications, hardware, and network services to communicate with one another. This dynamic link library (DLL) file is necessary for many Windows applications because it offers features that are necessary for network and internet connections, which provide smooth communication between computers and other devices.
When this error occurs, it typically means that the rpcrt4.dll file is either missing or corrupted. When attempting to execute particular programs or services that depend on the functionality offered by rpcrt4.dll, users may run into this problem. This error can have very disruptive effects. Users could run into the following issues:
- Application failures: applications that depend on the Remote Procedure Call Runtime may fail to start or operate correctly. This could include a wide range of software, from basic utilities to more complex applications.
- Networking issues: connectivity problems may arise, affecting a user's ability to access network resources, including shared files, printers, and internet services.
- System instability: in some cases, a missing or corrupted rpcrt4.dll file can lead to system instability, causing crashes or freezing of the Windows operating system.
There are a few possible fixes available to users for the “rpcrt4.dll missing or not found” error. To restore the system to a prior state where rpcrt4.dll was intact, use Windows' System Restore tool. SFC can be used to scan and fix missing or corrupted system files, such as rpcrt4.dll. Reinstalling those apps might be helpful if the error is unique to them because it can restore the required system files and dependencies.
In this guide, you will find 6 steps that should help you fix rpcrt4.dll missing or not found error in Windows. You can also run a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. Check Internet Connection
- Disconnect the cable connecting the computer to the modem.
- Turn off the modem and the router.
- Restart the computer.
- After your computer has restarted, turn on the modem or the router.
- Connect the cable from the computer to the modem or the router.
- Restart the computer.
- Ensure that all network cables are securely connected.
Method 2. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 3. Install Windows Updates
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Go to the Windows Update section.
- Click Check for updates and wait.
- Go to the Advanced options and install optional updates.
- Reboot your system.
Method 4. Scan for Malware
It is possible that a malware infection may be the cause of rpcrt4.dll missing or not found error in Windows. It is important to run a comprehensive security scan to rule out this possibility and ensure that the computer is not infected. This can help to prevent further issues with the Windows operating system and ensure that it is functioning properly.
If you have access to a security scanner, or if your organization pays for one, you can use it to scan your entire system to check for a virus infection. Otherwise, you can use Windows Defender to scan your system:
- Click on the Windows Start menu or press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type Microsoft Defender in the search bar and click on Microsoft Defender Antivirus to open the application.
- Click on the Virus & threat protection option in the left-hand menu.
- Click on the Quick scan or Full scan option, depending on your preference.
- If you choose Quick scan, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will scan the most vulnerable and commonly infected areas of your computer.
- If you choose Full scan, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will scan your entire computer, including all files, folders, and programs.
- Click on the Scan now button to start the selected scan type and wait for the scan to complete.
- The time it takes will depend on the size of your hard drive and the number of files being scanned.
- Once the scan is complete, you will be informed of any detected threats, and you can choose to quarantine or remove them.
- If no threats are found, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will inform you that your device is secure.
Method 5. Use System Restore
System Restore is a feature in Microsoft Windows that allows users to revert their computer's state to a previous point in time. This can be helpful if you have made changes to your system that are causing problems.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Type SystemPropertiesProtection and press Enter.
- Go to the System Protection tab.
- You will see the System Restore… button. Click it to run System Restore.
- Follow the prompts until you can select a restore point.
- Select the one you want (ideally before the issue started occurring) and go ahead with the process.
Method 6. Repair Install Windows
- Visit Microsoft's official website.
- Choose the desired product language and OS edition for Windows 11.
- Download the Windows 11 ISO file.
- Locate the downloaded ISO file and double-click it.
- In the prompt that appears, click Open.
- Run the setup.exe file.
- When the UAC (User Account Control) dialog box appears, click Yes to continue.
- Click Next to proceed with the installation.
- Accept Microsoft's license terms by clicking Accept.
- Make sure the setup option reads Keep personal files and apps.
- Click Install to begin the Windows 11 repair upgrade.
- Wait patiently for the repair upgrade to complete.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.