Issue: How to fix Screen won’t turn off after specified time on Windows 10?
Hello. My display won't turn off after a certain time. Troubleshooting gives no results, and I don't know how to solve this. It started a few days ago when I think updates got installed overnight. I turned the computer on, and this happened. My computer runs pretty much all the time, but I want my display turned off and cannot achieve that now. Can you help?
The screen won't turn off after a specified time on Windows when the issues with Sleep Mode occur. This sleep time is essential for the life of the device because it gives the computer time to rest and save power while in idle mode. This is merely the feature that is created to preserve the life of a battery so energy is not wasted.
When the screen is not turning off, the computer works fully, and the battery gets easily drained. It happens a lot faster than in the sleep mode. You can do that manually, but the automatic sleep mode entering should always work, so when it doesn't, you need to be concerned, as many users are.
Some of the common features and function issues often occur due to a buggy Windows operating system update. Tha is possible because Windows OS updates can be rushed and released with some issues. Fortunately, minor ones get fixed with a later update or a patch. Screen won't turn off after a specified time on Windows can be a problem related to OS upgrades.
Users complain that the function when the system goes to sleep after a period of time is no longer working. There is nothing to worry about but some tweaking in the settings of the computer is needed here. Since some folders and files on the system can lead to issues with common functions, you can fix Screen won't turn off after a specified time on Windows 10 by running a tool like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9. This piece indicates alterations and can fix issues quickly for you. Then you can move on to the manual guide and steps listed below.
#1. Update drivers to the latest versions
- Right-click on Start and select Device Manager from the menu.
- Expand Display adapters section or any other section with drivers that have exclamation points to them.
- Right-click on the specific driver and select Update Driver.
- Pick Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Wait for the install.
- Reboot the PC.
You can always achieve this by running the automatic driver update tool like DriverFix. It can find the needed versions in the database that contains over 18 million different pieces and update adapters with compatible versions. It saves some time and hassle for you.
#2. Change Sleep settings
- Press Windows key+R together to launch a Run window.
- Once the window appears, run: control.exe powercfg.cpl,,3
- Click OK.
- Once the Power Options window opens, look for the USB settings.
- Expand the USB selective suspend setting.
- Click on the drop-down beside Setting.
- Select the Disabled settings from the drop-down.
- If you are enacting this on a laptop device, you will notice On battery and Plugged in settings.
- You can easily disable both these options.
- Once you have done all these, click on Apply and OK.
#3. Change Power plan settings
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Select System.
- Then Power and Sleep.
- Ensure the Sleep setting is set to the desired value.
- Go to Additional power settings.
- Select Change Plan Settings next to your option.
- Choose Change advanced power settings.
- On the Power Options screen, expand each setting and ensure that they allow the computer to go to sleep mode.
- Set it to Allow the computer to sleep.
#4. Unplug devices connected to the PC
- Unplug other USB devices.
- Unplug the display cable from the back.
- Wait for a while.
- Then attach the display cable back to your computer, again.
- Wait and check if this works for you.
- You can also go to Device Manager and disable your HID-Compliant Game controller it different game controllers since those often appear to trigger the issue.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.
- ^ Windows 10 - screen won't turn off after specified time. Answers. Microsoft community forum.
- ^ Latest Windows 10 Update Problems. Makethecheasier. Computer tips and tricks.
- ^ Darren Allen. Windows 10 update reportedly fixes odd bug that’s slowing down some PCs. Techradar. IT news and reports.