Issue: How to fix "Some installed game files are corrupt" error in PUBG?
I can't seem to be able to start PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) on my Windows PC. Each time I try, I receive an error that says, “Some installed game files are corrupt. Please perform an installation file integrity inspection.” Any tips?
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) is a notable online multiplayer battle royale game having been developed and released by KRAFTON in 2017. With its inception, PUBG carved a significant niche in the gaming community, being one of the first titles in the battle royale genre. Today, it retains a strong presence with around 284 million active users globally.
In its early days, PUBG was frequently highlighted for its bugs and performance issues. While many of these have been addressed over the years, some technical hiccups continue to emerge. A recurring problem faced by players is the “Some installed game files are corrupt” error when they try to launch the game.
This error arises primarily due to the intricate nature of game installations on Windows platforms. When a player installs a game like PUBG, a multitude of files are stored on their hard drive. For the game to operate without hitches, these files must remain untouched and in their original state. The corruption of these game files can result from several reasons:
An interruption during the game's download or installation, such as unexpected system shutdowns or network issues, can lead to incomplete or erroneous file transfers. The health of the player's hard drive also plays a role; hard drives with failing sectors can cause file corruption. Furthermore, the presence of malware or viruses can result in game files being altered or damaged.
Occasionally, updates or other software might conflict with and thus corrupt the game files, resulting in the “Some installed game files are corrupt” error in PUBG. Lastly, players who manually modify game files, whether to enhance performance or for other reasons, can inadvertently introduce corruption if not done with precision.
Those who face this vexing error need not be too concerned. Detailed solutions tailored to address this specific problem will be outlined below this article. And for those seeking an expedient resolution to a variety of PC challenges, the FortectMac Washing Machine X9 PC repair tool offers a reliable option.
Fix 1. Verify the integrity of game files
When you install games through platforms like Steam, they often come with built-in tools to check the game's installation for errors or missing files. By verifying the integrity of game files, the platform scans your installation to ensure that every file matches what's expected. If a file is missing or different from the original, the software will automatically replace or correct it, ensuring that your game runs as intended. This process is straightforward and often solves many issues related to corrupted or missing files.
- Open Steam and go to your Library.
- Right-click on PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Installed Files section.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait for the process to complete. If any files are found to be missing or corrupted, Steam will automatically re-download and replace them.
- Once done, try launching PUBG again.
Note that users said they managed to fix the “Some installed game files are corrupt” error only after they repeated the process several times.
Fix 2. Reinstall the game
Sometimes, the easiest way to fix a corrupted file issue is to start fresh. By uninstalling and then reinstalling PUBG, you ensure that any problematic files are entirely removed and replaced with new, functional ones.
- Type Control Panel in Windows search and press Enter.
- Click on Uninstall a program.
- Locate PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds and click Uninstall.
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation.
- Once done, reinstall PUBG through your preferred platform (e.g., Steam).
- Launch the game after the installation finishes.
Fix 3. Update graphics drivers
Outdated or corrupted graphics drivers can interfere with how a game runs. Ensuring you have the latest graphics drivers can enhance performance and potentially fix any errors you're encountering.
- Right-click on the Windows Start button and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Display adapters section.
- Right-click on your graphics card and select Update driver.
- Choose the option to Search automatically for updated drivers.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install any available updates.
- Restart your computer and try running PUBG.
Fix 4. Run the game as an administrator
Giving PUBG administrative privileges can grant the game access to necessary system resources, possibly bypassing any restrictions causing the error.
- Navigate to the directory where PUBG is installed.
- Right-click on the game's executable file and select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Check the box next to Run this program as an administrator.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Try launching the game.
Fix 5. Disable conflicting software
Some software running in the background, especially antivirus or firewall programs, can conflict with PUBG, leading to errors.
- Close any unnecessary programs running in the background.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall. (Make sure to re-enable them after testing PUBG.)
- Try launching the game.
- If successful, consider adding PUBG as an exception in your antivirus or firewall settings.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.