Issue: How to fix Starfield error 0xc000005 in Windows?
Hello. When I try to launch Starfield on my Windows PC I get the 0xc000005 error. How can I fix this?
Some users stumbled into the error number 0xc000005 when trying to launch or play the much-awaited game Starfield on Windows-based computers. Given Bethesda Game Studios' track record with games like The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Fallout 4, this error can be upsetting for fans eager to immerse themselves in the studio's first new universe in almost 25 years. In a huge, space-faring universe, Starfield promises players a next-generation role-playing experience that will let them design their characters and explore with unmatched freedom as they try to solve some of humanity's biggest mysteries.
The 0xc000005 error, however, can have a big influence on users' gaming experiences. It could prevent gamers from launching Starfield altogether or result in a crash right away. Gamers who have been eagerly awaiting this release may become frustrated and disappointed as a result of this problem.
Insufficient RAM is one of the potential root causes of the 0xc000005 problem, which can have an impact on the stability and performance of the game. This problem can potentially be caused by incompatible system requirements because “Starfield” needs particular hardware and software setups to function properly. Corrupt DirectX shaders can also prevent the game from rendering graphics properly, resulting in crashes and error messages.
To fix the Starfield error code 0xc000005, there are a number of options. These could involve upgrading Windows and the graphics drivers, checking for problems with third-party software or hardware, guaranteeing the integrity of the game files through the gaming platform (such as Steam), and updating the graphics drivers.
In this guide, you will find 5 steps that should help you fix Starfield error 0xc000005 in Windows. You can also run a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 2. Update Display Driver
- Press the Windows key + X on the keyboard to open the Quick Access Menu.
- Select Device Manager from the menu.
- In the Device Manager window, locate and expand the Display Adapters category.
- Right-click on the display driver listed under Display Adapters.
- From the context menu, click on Update driver.
- In the Update Drivers window, choose the option that says Search automatically for drivers.
- Follow any onscreen instructions that may appear during the driver update process.
- Once the driver update is complete, restart your Windows computer to apply the changes.
You can use a dedicated utility like DriverFix that can find the best drivers for your machine and install them automatically.
Method 3. Verify Game Files
- Launch Steam and go to your Library.
- Locate the game you want to work with and right-click on it to select Properties.
- Within the Local Files tab, click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
Method 4. Run Disk Cleanup
- Type cleanup in the Search bar and open Disk Cleanup.
- Select your C: drive, then click OK, and check the option for DirectX Shader Cache.
- Click OK, and then select Delete Files.
Method 5. Try Clean Boot
- Open the Search menu, type in system configuration, and press Enter.
- Under the Services tab, tick the Hide all Microsoft services box.
- Click on Disable all button.
- Head over to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager.
- Select a third-party program and click on Disable at the top.
- Repeat this step to disable all third-party apps and programs.
- Restart your PC to enter the clean boot state and see if the issue persists.
- If the issue disappeared in the clean boot state, then you can be certain that a third-party app is causing it.
- Go through all recently installed apps or programs and remove them one by one.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.