Issue: How to fix "Windows couldn’t complete the requested changes" error 0x800f0907?
Hello. I tried to update .NET Framework on my Windows PC but I got the message “Windows couldn’t complete the requested changes” with a 0x800f0907 error code. How can I fix this?
The 0x800f0907 error occurs frequently when users attempt to upgrade the .NET Framework on their Windows PCs. This error has been reported by users of both Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating systems. When the error occurs, users are unable to make the requested changes to the .NET Framework.
This error can have a variety of consequences for users. For starters, it prevents the .NET Framework from being successfully installed or updated, which can cause compatibility issues with certain applications or software that rely on specific versions of the framework. As a result, those applications may be unable to run or be used properly, causing inconvenience and impeding productivity.
Furthermore, the 0x800f0907 error can degrade system stability and performance. Failure to complete the requested .NET Framework changes may introduce system vulnerabilities, compromising PC security. Due to the unresolved error, users may experience system crashes, freezes, or slower performance in some cases.
There are several potential solutions available to address the 0x800f0907 error. Checking for and installing Windows updates, ensuring a stable internet connection, running the Windows Update Troubleshooter, temporarily disabling antivirus software, or manually repairing or reinstalling the.NET Framework components are all possible solutions.
In this guide, you will find 5 steps that should help you fix “Windows couldn’t complete the requested changes” error 0x800f0907. Keep in mind, that the manual troubleshooting process may be lengthy. You can also use a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 2. Run the .NET Framework Repair Tool
- Download the .NET Framework repair tool.
- Launch the program on your PC.
- Accept the terms and agreement.
- Click Next to begin the diagnosing process.
- The tool will provide you with the changes required for the .NET Framework to run properly.
- Click Next to apply the changes.
Solution 3. Update the .NET Framework Manually
- Note down the KB number of the failing .NET Framework.
- Visit Microsoft's Update Catalog website.
- Search for the KB number of the .NET Framework.
- Download the appropriate update from the search results.
- Open the setup file of the downloaded update.
- Run the installation process.
- Restart your PC after the installation is complete.
Solution 4. Modify the Local Group Policy
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialogue.
- Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
- Navigate to the following path:
Computer Configuration\ Administrative Templates\ System
- Locate Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair and open it.
- Select the Enable radio button.
- Check the boxes for Never attempt to download payload from Windows Update and Download repair content optional features directly from Windows Update instead of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type gpupdate /force and click OK to update the Group Policy Editor.
- Restart your PC.
Solution 5. Repair Install Windows
- Download the Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 or Windows 11.
- Insert a USB Drive to create a bootable media.
- Restart your Windows PC.
- Press the Boot menu key (usually the Del key) to enter Windows Setup.
- Click the Repair your computer option.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.