Issue: How to fix Windows installation error 0x800704DD-0x90016?
Hey. I try to upgrade the system to Windows 10, and I get this error code 0x800704DD-0x90016. I cannot download the update right now. I receive the installation error and cannot move with the update anymore. I get no other indications or explanation. Can you help me fix this issue?
Windows installation error 0x800704DD-0x90016 is the problem that can occur when the person upgrades from an older version like Windows 7 or 8. Still, users report the problem appearing when the machine requires the Windows 10 upgrade. This issue keeps the Windows 10 setup from loading, so there is no permission to move with the update.
It can occur due to insufficient permissions on the account or hen security solution on the machine that interferes with the operating system. The error can be frustrating since the message pop-up does not indicate a particular trigger or reason behind the problem.
Various factors like: can trigger this error 0x800704DD-0x90016
- third-party anti-malware solutions when you use a separate security tool on the machine;
- external hardware issues when the piece connected via USB interferes with processes;
- the user's standard account can be why Media Creation Tools is not permitting these update processes to users without administrative permissions.
Malicious pieces shouldn't trigger such an issue, so you can uninstall the antivirus you use and check if the installation can happen. Unfortunately, sometimes threats leave some files behind, so those alterations or startup entries can lead to the issue with system processes.
You can fix Windows installation error 0x800704DD-0x90016 by running a tool like ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 that finds and fixes such data damage for you or repairs entries and files corrupted on the machine. You can perform a clean boot after other settings and solve the problem yourself. For that, follow the steps below closely.
#1 Switch to an administrator account
- Go to Settings.
- Click Accounts.
- Find Family& other people.
- Choose Add someone else to this PC.
- Click I don't have this person's sign-in information.
- Then Add a user without Microsoft account.
- Enter the information and click Next.
- When that is done, go to Accounts again.
- Choose Family & other people.
- Find the new account and choose Change account type.
- Set it to Administrator and click OK.
- Switch to this account and then try to install the upgrade.
#2 Disable the network
- On the right-hand side of the taskbar, click on the Network icon.
- Select Open Network & Internet settings.
- Choose Change adapter options.
- Right-click on your network and click Disable.
- Run the upgrade.
- Enable the network afterward.
#3 Enable hidden administrator account
- Start the Command Prompt as administrator.
- Put the following command and click Enter:
net user administrator /active:yes
- The account should've enabled after this process and you will be able to access it.
- You can disable the hidden administrative with net user administrator /active:no command.
#4 Perform a clean boot
- Open Run box with Windows and R keys.
- Type msconfig in Windows search and press Enter.
- Go to Services tab.
- Mark Hide all Microsoft services and select Disable all.
- Go to Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager, right-click on each of the items and select Disable, then close the Task Manager.
- Go to System Configuration window and click Apply, then OK to safe changes.
#5 Troubleshoot Windows Update
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- Navigate to Update & Security section.
- Select Troubleshoot from the menu.
- Select Windows Update.
- Click the Run the troubleshooter button.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.