Issue: How to Fix Windows Update Error Code:0x800706b5?
I’m facing a problem with Windows Update service. When I try to install pending updates, I receive an error code 0x800706b5 and none of the updates are installed. What can I do to fix it?
Windows Update is by far the most problematic service on Windows 10 OS. Usually, people can successfully access the service and launch the search for pending updates. However, there is two type of Windows update bugs, i.e. the search fails by delivering zero updates and an error message or the list of available updates is delivered, but could not be installed due to various reasons. One of the Windows Update errors is 0x800706b5. While the bug is not “fresh” (it emerged in 2015 soon after Windows 10 was released), many people are still encountering it judging from the reports on Microsoft forum. Besides, we noticed a lack of instructions on how 0x800706b5 error might be fixed.
As usually, it’s difficult to determine the culprit of Windows Update errors, but usually the problem occurs due to some incorrectly configured update files, installation failure, Windows Update service issues, malware, and similar. Therefore, we will provide several fixes that many people approved to be helpful in 0x800706b5 error fix. To start with, you should scan your PC with a professional utility, such as Reimage. It’s a multifunctional utility, which maintains the system by fixing its registries, system files, software incompatibility, as well as removes malware and protect the system from further attacks. Once you perform the scan and if the issue persists, try to perform these steps:
Fix 1. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows Update Troubleshooter is a utility that has been developed in order to detect and fix all issues related to Windows Updates. While people often report the troubleshooter for failing to fix the issues, usually it helps, so it’s worth give a try.
- Click Win key + X and select Control Panel.
- Type Troubleshooter and select Troubleshooting from the search results.
- Select System and Security and click on Fix problems with Windows Updates.
- Wait for the process to complete and then check if the error reoccurs on Windows Updates.
Fix 2. Restart Windows Update Services
- Click Win key + R, type services.msc, and press Enter.
- Now find Windows Update service, Background Intelligent Transfer service, and Cryptographic services.
- Double-click on each of them and select Stop from the drop-down menu.
- After that, go to the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ location and delete everything that is located in this folder.
- Once done, click Win key + R, type services.msc, and press Enter again.
- Locate Windows Update service, Background Intelligent Transfer service, and Cryptographic services.
- Double-click on each of them and select Start from the drop down menu.
- Close everything, restart the system and try to run Windows Updates.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: