Issue: How to fix X3daudio1_7.dll is missing or not found error?
Hello. Yesterday I built a new PC, installed Windows, as well as all recommended updates. I also installed DirectX and all the necessary packages. Everything works fine, however, every time I want to launch PUBG, I get the following error: Cannot find X3DAudio1_7.dll. Please, re-install this application. I re-installed the game 3 times by now, and it does not fix the problem. This is driving me crazy! Please help as soon as you can!
The X3DAudio1_7.dll missing errors are related to DirectX (as is part of DirectX software collection) – an API for handling graphics-intensive tasks on Windows operating systems. Windows reports this problem because there is something wrong with the DLL file. Typically, reinstallation of the program does not solve the issue.
Because X3DAudio1_7.dll file is used only by games and other graphics-intensive programs, issues arise only during the attempt to launch the application, or when the game is running and is trying to load a module from DirectX. The X3daudio1_7.dll is missing or not found the error is known to affect various games, including Metro 2033, Skyrim, PUBG, and many others.
There are a variety of error messages that could occur, including:
- Cannot find X3DAudio1_7.dll. Please, re-install this application
- The program can't start because X3DAudio1_7.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem
- X3DAudio1_7.dll not found. Reinstalling might help fix this
- File X3DAudio1_7.dll not found
While in most cases the problem is closely connected to software issues, in some cases, various errors might occur when the computer is infected with malware. If you experience X3DAudio1_7.dll and other errors, as well as computer slowdowns, crashes, restarts, high CPU and GPU usage, you should definitely install ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 and perform a full system scan. Malware can sometimes disguise as a legitimate file or even emit no symptoms at all.
After you make sure that the culprit is not a computer virus, you should follow the guide below and fix X3daudio1_7.dll is missing or not found the error.
Warning: DO NOT download X3daudio1_7.dll file from third-party websites. Executable downloaded from unknown sites may be malicious or require you to pay money – which is utterly unnecessary.
Solution 1. Install the newest version of DirectX
Because X3daudio1_7.dll is part of DirectX package, installing the newest version of DirectX may be a quick fix:
- Go to Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer page
- Select the appropriate language and download the applciation
- Locate the downloaded file, double-click it and proceed with the on-screen instructions
- Finally, try to start the application again and see if it fixed the issue
Solution 2. Use System File Checker
In some cases, corrupted or accidentally deleted system files may be the cause of The X3DAudio1_7.dll errors. The built-in Windows tool is capable of scanning the machine for all the issues and fixing all abnormalities automatically. Windows re-installation would help too, but there is no need to execute such a lengthy procedure.
- Type in Command Prompt into the task bar search box at the bottom left
- Right click on it an select Run as administrator
- User account control window will pop up. Click Yes
- In Command Prompt Window, type in sfc /scannow and hit Enter
- Let Windows finish the scan and fix all issues automatically
Solution 3. Update your graphics drivers
Because DirectX is handling multimedia tasks, there is a chance that it is not working correctly due to outdated or corrupted video card drivers. To fix X3daudio1_7.dll is missing error by updating video card drivers, follow these steps:
- Type in Device Manager into the task bar search box
- Expand your Display adapters and select the graphics card
- Right-click on it and pick Update Driver
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software and let Windows install newest driver version
- Reboot your computer
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.