Issue: How to Set Up Do Not Track Settings on Mac OS X?
I have just bought Mac computer. I am not sure if it’s possible to set up Do not track settings on Chrome and Safari web browsers?
Nowadays more and more computer users are concerned about their online privacy. Cyber security specialists widely discuss questionable data tracking activities. Thus, users started paying more attention to their online privacy.
While some users are afraid of being spied by unknown third-parties or cyber criminals, others want to minimize the amount of targeted ads showing up on the browser. For this reason, “Do Not Track” feature becomes important. As soon as you enable it, the websites receive an alert that you do not want to be tracked by third-parties.
However, some websites may not respond to “Do Not Ask” function and continue collecting some browsing-related information. This information might be needed to improve website’s security, provide targeted ads or have statistical data about the audience.
Despite this fact, you can still enable this feature and hope that your visited sites will react to it as you want. You can manage Do Not Track settings on four popular Mac OS X browsers, such as Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera.
These settings are managed individually for each of the browsers. The instructions below will explain to you how to complete this task.
Managing Do Not Track Settings on web browsers installed on Mac OS X
Turn on Do Not Track option in Safari
- Open Safari.
- Click Safari menu option at the top of the screen and choose Preferences… from the drop-down menu.
- Click Privacy icon in the appeared Preferences dialog.
- In the list of options find the entry saying “Ask websites not to track me” and mark the tick next to it.
- Close the settings menu by closing red X button on the right top corner.
Enable Do Not Track on Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Click Firefox option in the top menu bar. From the appeared drop-down menu, choose Preferences…
- The new Firefox tab will be opened. Click Privacy in the left panel.
- Under the Tracking option, click “manage your Do Not Track settings.
- In the appeared dialog mark the tick near “Always apply Do Not Track.”
- Click OK to confirm the changes.
Set up Do Not Track settings in Google Chrome
- Open Chrome.
- Click Chrome (on the top menu bar) and open Preferences…
- Browser’s settings will be opened. Scroll down till the end until you see “Advanced” option. Click on it.
- The list of advanced options will be expanded. There find “Send a “Do Not Track” requires with your browsing traffic.” Turn on this feature.
- Close the settings tab.
Turning on “Do Not Track” on Opera
- Open Opera.
- Access Preferences… by clicking Opera option in the taskbar at the top of the screen.
- Go to Privacy & security section located in the left menu.
- Under the Privacy section, you have to mark the tick near “Send a ‘Do Not Track’ request with your browsing traffic.”
- Click OK in the appeared dialog box.
You can always disable this feature on each of the browsers by accessing their Privacy settings and removing the tick you have just marked.
Optimize your system and make it work more efficiently
Optimize your system now! If you don't want to inspect your computer manually and struggle with trying to find issues that are slowing it down, you can use optimization software listed below. All these solutions have been tested by ugetfix.com team to be sure that they help improve the system. To optimize your computer with only one click, select one of these tools:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services like Netflix, BBC, Disney+ and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless where you are
Recover your lost files quickly
Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of important documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.