Issue: How to Uninstall Adobe Shockwave Player?
I’m concerned if I really need Adobe Shockwave app? I’ve accidentally noticed it in Control Panel, but I actually don’t remember installing it. Antivirus did not detect any virus. Any information would be highly appreciated.
Adobe Shockwave (formerly known as Macromedia Shockwave) is one of the two major elements that found on the standard web browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and so on. Shockwave from Adobe is a multimedia platform, which help adds animation and interactivity to the websites, which is why people can access 3D games, interactive product demonstrations, online learning applications, and so on. Usually, Shockwave is distributed bundled with Adobe Flash to enable more features on the web. Adobe’s statistics revealed that more that 450 millions of Internet users have already installed Adobe Shockwave Player and now can enjoy stereoscopic mode while playing games or viewing videos.
Despite the fact that Adobe Shockwave is a useful application, its security is highly questionable. If you are using Adobe on your PC, you must have noticed how often its updates are released. That’s because security experts often detect critical security vulnerabilities in Adobe’s products, especially Adobe Flash Player, which is why its updates are released on a regular basis. In comparison to Flash, Adobe Shockwave is updated far less frequently, but that doesn’t mean that it has no security flaws. Therefore, it’s vital to keep it up-to-date and keep a powerful anti-virus activated.
Having low-security indexes of Adobe Shockwave Player in mind, the web browser development companies seek to minimize the need for this tool. Therefore, many websites have already gone from Flash support to HTML. Therefore, you should consider whether to keep Shockwave on the system for the sake of security or not. If you have decided to uninstall Adobe Shockwave Player to prevent security flaws, then this post is for you. Follow the instructions give down below and you will successfully remove this multimedia platform from Windows.
Step 1. Uninstall Adobe Shockwave Player using Programs & Features service
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC to open Task Manager.
- Find Adobe Shockwave Player process, click it, and select End Task.
- Then right-click Windows key and select Control Panel.
- Open Programs & Features and double click on the Adobe Shockwave Player.
- When the confirmation window occurs, press Uninstall to start the removal.
- During the removal process, you may receive a pop-up asking what the reason why you decided to uninstall Shockwave Player is.
- Select the reason fits you the best and press Continue.
- Check the Remove all user data, history and settings from this computer option and click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Adobe Shockwave Player using a software removal tool
If manual Shockwave Player removal failed, try downloading Perfect Uninstaller. Download it, then double click the setup file and follow the on-screen instructions. Set the program to detect and automatically uninstall Adobe Shockwave Player
Step 3. Delete Shockwave-related files from the Registry
- Press Windows key + R, type regedit, and press Enter.
- Click Edit and open Find.
- Type Shockwave Player and remove all detected files.
Step 4. Disable Shockwave from web browser
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Enter chrome://plugins/ in the URL bar or click on Menu -> Settings -> Extensions (on the left pane).
- Find Adobe Flash Player (Shockwave Flash Vxxx) and click on the Trash icon.
- The steps mentioned above will differ slightly depending on the web browser’s type.
Finally, we would also recommend scanning the system with Reimage to check Windows for damaged system files, corrupted registries, malware or other issues.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.