Issue: How to Uninstall Advanced PC Fixer?
I’ve installed Advanced PC Fixer by accident. I’ve removed it using Add/Remove Programs feature, but it keeps reappearing. The scans are quite irritating as they star unexpectedly and then I’m offered to purchase a licensed version of the product. Please help me to uninstall Advanced PC Fixer completely.
Advanced PC Fixer is a legitimate optimization tool for PCs and laptops developed by Pcvark Software Pvt. Ltd. It’s free trial and paid versions are available on the official website. The tool is supposed to scan and fix the registry, system startup, reduce boot time, remove adware and other potentially unwanted programs, and fix current system errors. Although many people claim that they are satisfied with this program, most of the registered users opt for removing it soon after the installation. On top of that, most of the reputable security vendors included it into the antivirus database as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Such move has been stimulated by a questionable Advanced PC Fixer distribution method and performance. This tool has been found attached to various freewares and sharewares and distributed via third-party download websites. Consequently, it managed to root into thousands of operating systems without users’ approval. Once installed, it tends to initiate thorough system scans on a certain schedule even if the PC user doesn’t ask for that and delivers doubtful scan results. According to experts, Advanced PC Fixer scan results are very similar on multiple devices, meaning that they may be forged or predetermined. To fix those issues, the user is asked to buy a licensed version, which we do not recommend doing due to the lack of guarantee that it will optimize your PC properly. Instead of this tool, we would recommend using Reimage, which is a professional optimization tool tested and approved by millions of PC users.
How to Uninstall Advanced PC Fixer?
Advanced PC Fixer is not a virus, so you should be able to uninstall it in a usual manner using Add/Remove Programs feature. However, it may automatically reinstall itself if there are some leftovers within the registries. Therefore, to uninstall Advanced PC Fixer completely, perform the following steps:
- Right-click Windows Key, select Control Panel and click Enter.
- Find Programs and Features section (or Add/Remove Programs) and open it.
- Find Advanced PC Fixer in the list, select it, and click Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the main installer of the Advanced PC Fixer. Once done, you have to modify the Windows Registry.
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run, type in regedit, and press OK.
- Find and delete this folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Advanced PC Fixer\.
- Then, click Edit > Find, and type in Advanced PC Fixer.
- If the search finds any remains, delete them.
- Restart your PC to save the changes.
If you are not allowed to perform the removal using Add/Remove Programs, try to boot the system into Safe Mode and then perform the steps given above. To boot into Safe Mode, you should:
- Press Windows key + R, type msconfig, and press Enter.
- When System Configuration window opens, open Boot tab.
- Select Boot Options, click Safe Boot and choose Network.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
MAC OS X
- Quit Advanced PC Fixer by clicking on it and selecting Quit.
- Open Finder, find Applications folder and open it.
- Find Advanced PC Fixer icon and drag it to the Trash folder.
- Click on Go in the menu bar, select Go to Folder. Type in: ~/Library and click Go.
- Find Preferences folder and double click on it.
- Find all files related to Advanced PC Fixer and move them to Trash (NOTE: the name of the program may be altered in various ways).
- Go back, then find Application Support folder. Open it. Find Advanced PC Fixer folder.
- Drag Express folder to Trash.
- Go back to the Application Support folder and open Caches folder.
- Find Advanced PC Fixer related files there and remove them to Trash.
- Finally, Empty the Trash.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.