Issue: How to Uninstall NowYouSeeIt Player?
I‘m having difficulties uninstalling this specific player. Malwarebytes keeps detecting it as PUP.NowYouSeeIt. I did try uninstalling it the ordinary way, but it still remains on the PC. Any advice would be appreciated. Btw, my OS is Windows 10.
A while ago NowYouSeeItPlayer program was freely available on the Net. It came as the application which enables users to watch videos. Though initially, the application seemed quite useful, within a while, the software triggers annoying advertisements.
Such behavior only reinforces assumptions that the application belongs to PUP category. What is more, users reported having difficulties uninstalling the application. What is more, the method this application has been distribution does not leave a positive impression as well. It travels as an add-on pinned down to free file converters or media players. Despite what source you install, opt for “Advanced” settings and deselect optional unnecessary applications.
You can use Reimage or another malware elimination tool to get rid of the PUP for you. For instance, Malwarebytes Anti-malware will require the reboot to fully eradicate the unnecessary software.
If uninstalling the PUP via the control Panel did not work, you will need to make use of the registry editor to eliminate its elements. Firstly, what you need to do is to reboot the system into Safe Mode. On Windows 10, you can do it two options.
- Restart the system several times until you get to Troubleshoot options. Windows 7users need to tap on F2 or F8 several times to enter the Advanced settings menu. There they will see several Safe Mode options. Select Safe Mode with Networking. Window 10 users will click to enter Advanced Options.
- Later on choose Startup Settings and press F4 to open Safe Mode.
- Then wait until your PC restarts and boots into Safe Mode.
Windows 10 users can activate the mode by using System Configuration option.
- Click on the Start button and type system configuration.
- Launch the app and enter Boot section.
- Tick the mark Safe boot.
- Restart the PC.
- You can deactivate the mode simply by removing the checkmark.
Run Registry Editor to Uninstall NowYouSeeIt Player
- Once you are in the Safe Mode, click Windows key+R and type regedit.
- Click Enter and Registry Editor will launch.
- After that find the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Your browser/Main.
- Now locate the entry Startpage right-click on it and select Delete function.
- You may also look whether there is no subfolder under the name of NowYouSeeItPlayer in the Microsoft folder. If there is any, remove it as well.
Finally, you might also reset your browser settings. More information on how to do it on Chrome, Firefox or Safari, you will find here.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: