Issue: How To Clear Cache From Web Browsers?
When browsing the web, sometimes I encounter various errors and problems, and I am suggested to clean cache. I am not sure what it is and how can I do it? Could you explain me?
A browser cache is a place where website information is stored. Such information includes texts, pictures and other media files, scripts and other parts of the site. The main reason why browsers save this information is to speed up the browsing experience. When you visit the site for the first time, all the information is downloaded and stored on the computer’s hard drive or phone's storage.
Thus, next time you visit the same website, your browser does not need to download the same information again. As a result, the web page is opened quicker. Usually, browsers can show the latest version of the website automatically. However, in some cases, users need to clear cache in order to see all the content properly. What is more, cleaning cash might also help to fix 404 error or 502 error.
Sometimes computer users think that deleting cache helps to protect their privacy. However, it’s not enough to clean cache. If you are concerned about your privacy, you should also delete cookies and browsing history.
How To Clear Cache From Web Browsers?
Below we will provide instructions on how to clean cache from the four most popular web browsers – Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari.
1. Open the Internet Explorer web browser application.
2. Open the Gear icon (Tools icon) on the right-top corner of the page.
3. Go to Safety -> Delete browsing history…
4. In the appeared window, you need to uncheck all pre-selected options except “Temporary Internet files and website files” option.
5. Click on Delete button.
6. The “Delete browsing history…” will disappear. The mouse icon might be trembling for a while. Once it comes back to normal, you might receive a message informing about completed deletion at the bottom of the screen.
1. Open the browser.
2. Click on the Settings icon at the right-top corner of the browser.
3. Go to More Tools and choose Clear browsing data.
4. In the appeared window, select “Cookies and other site and plug-in data” and “Cached images and files.” If there are other entries pre-selected and you want to keep them, untick them.
5. At the top of the box, there’s a drop-down menu where you need to choose the amount of data you want to delete. Choose “beginning of the time” option.
6. Click “Clear browsing data” button.
1. Open the browser.
2. Click the Menu icon and go to Preferences.
3. When in Preferences, open the Advanced panel and go to Network tab.
4. Here you will find a Cached Web Content information section and “Clear Now” button near it. Click on it.
5. Close the about:preferences page.
Besides, you can set Mozilla Firefox to clear cache automatically as soon as you close the browser:
1. Go to Menu -> Preferences -> Privacy panel.
2. Open History section.
3. Chose “Use custom settings for history” option from the Firefox will drop-down menu.
4. Tick the checkbox saying “Clear history when Firefox closes.”
5. Near “Clear history when Firefox closes” option there’s a Settings button. Click on it.
6. In the appeared “Settings for Clearing History options” window tick “Cache” checkbox.
7. Click OK to apply the changes and close the “Settings for Clearing History” window
1. Open Safari.
2. Go to Preferences -> Advanced tab.
3. Select the “Show Develop Menu” option at the end of the window. Close it.
4. In the top menu bar, you will see a new Develop option. Click on it and choose “Empty Caches” option.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.