Issue: How to deactivate your Facebook account?
I am planning on signing off of Facebook. What is the best way to do that? I do not want to loose my data…
Social media websites gain and lose members every day. Currently, Facebook hosts approximately 1.86 billion active users, but the site has been losing popularity with the arrival of other social media platforms, such as Twitter or Instagram. The reasons for leaving Facebook are various and so are the ways it can be achieved. On their official support page Facebook developers explicitly differentiate between two methods: account deactivation and account elimination. And these two approaches are, indeed, quite different.
Account deactivation will not destroy your Facebook account permanently. In a way, this technique allows freezing your profile until you decide to use it again. While deactivated, your account will not show up in the Facebook search, other users will not be able to see your timeline, but your posts and uploads will remain intact and will be restored the next time you log into your profile. Facebook points out that some of the information e.g.: tagged photos, messages you have sent to your friends may still remain visible to others. Such option is best suited for those, who do want to quit using the service but don’t want to lose their information.
Complete account removal will not allow you to regain access to your account. Once you delete your profile, you will have a couple of days to log back into your account to cancel the removal request. If you fail to do so, the information stored on it will be permanently wiped out and within 90 days will vanish from all Facebook backup systems as well. Nevertheless, we should point out that some non-personally identifiable information, such as log records will remain on the site’s database regardless. Luckily, there is also an option for those, who want to delete their accounts but keep their data: a backup copy with your profile information. You can request this copy and safe it on your computer before deleting your account.
Backup data before leaving Facebook:
- Log into your profile
- Click the menu icon on the top toolbar
- Go to Settings
- In the General tab, click on the Download a copy of your Facebook data option
- Backup your files by clicking the Start My Archive button
How to deactivate your account?
- Log into the profile you want to deactivate
- Open the account menu located on the far-right of the top control bar
- In the drop-down menu select Settings
- Go to the General tab
- Select Manage Account
- Click on Deactivate your account and Deactivate to confirm
Delete Facebook profile permanently:
- Login into the account you want to delete
- Copy and paste https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account into the URL address bar and hit enter
- You will be redirected directly to the account deletion page where you should click on Delete my account to start the elimination process.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: