Issue: How to Delete WhatsApp Account?
Now that WhatsApp is blocked in China, I want to replace it with another app. However, I am not sure how can I completely delete my WhatsApp account. If you could add WhatsApp removal instructions, too, that would be great!
WhatsApp is a viral messaging app used by millions of users worldwide. However, it seems that China has recently blocked the app by adding certain Internet filters. As a consequence, some users might suddenly find problems sending images, photos or even text messages.
Of course, if this is not your case and you just want to get rid of WhatsApp account for another reason, the instructions we provided will also work for you. Thus, you may be tired of information overload because you are using several different apps for communication with friends.
In such case, you can uninstall WhatsApp and also delete your account. We have provided guidelines on how to remove Whatsapp account and also uninstall the application from iPhone and Android devices. You will also find all needed explanations such as what deleting Whatsapp account does or how can you back up your chats and media.
Delete WhatsApp account and remove WhatsApp from your mobile phone
What happens when you delete your WhatsApp account?
If you decided to delete your account, you should know what is going to happen once you do that.
- Your phone number will be decoupled from your WhatsApp account.
- Your payment information will be removed from app’s servers.
- Your messages and media shared via the app will be erased.
- You will disappear from your friends’ Favorites lists.
You can always recreate your account using the same phone number, but it doesn’t mean that chats or media will be restored. Therefore, if you plan coming back to WhatsApp one day, you should consider creating a backup.
How can I back up WhatsApp messages and media?
For Android users:
- Open the app, press the Menu button > Settings > Chats > Chat backup.
- Press Back up to Google Drive. You can also set up the backup frequency. If you want to create one-time backup, choose Never option as the backup frequency.
- Select Google account to use or press Add account and log in.
- Choose Back up over and select the network to use for creating backups.
For iPhone users:
- You must be logged into your iCloud account to back up your chats and media. Once you’ve taken care of this, launch WhatsApp.
- Go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
- Press Back Up Now.
- If you want to set up automatic backups, choose Auto Backup option. Choose the frequency and tap the switch next to Include videos.
Delete WhatsApp Account on iPhone and Remove the App
- Launch WhatsApp.
- Go to Settings > Account.
- Here, select Delete My Account option.
- Type in your phone number you used for WhatsApp account. Use international format only.
- Tap Delete My Account to finish.
- Now, go back to menu screen, find WhatsApp, and press it for a while. Once all apps start jiggling, press the X button on the app you want to remove. Select Delete to confirm.
- Press Home button to go back to normal mode.
Delete WhatsApp Account on Android and Remove the App
- Open WhatsApp application and tap on more options button (three vertical dots). Go to Settings.
- Press Account and then press Delete My Account. Type your phone number and hit the DELETE MY ACCOUNT button.
- As the next screen appears, tap on the DELETE MY ACCOUNT button again. You can provide the reason why you decided to eliminate the account, if you want, although it is not necessary. To confirm, press DELETE MY ACCOUNT again.
- Close the app. Go to Settings > Apps, find WhatsApp and click it.
- Here, press the Uninstall button.
Restoring chats and media from backup (iPhone/Android)
If you decided to reinstall WhatsApp on your phone, you might also want to recover chats and media. To restore them from a backup, you just need to follow app’s prompts after confirming the mobile phone.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.