Issue: How to fix Code B2957E?
I have just bought my new PC a couple of days ago and managed somehow to infect it with malware!!!! I received Code B2957E pop-up while browsing. It locks the screen and urges me to call for support. What needs to be done to fix this issue? I have checked the PC with anti-virus and it detects nothing. Please advice
The Code B2957E Error appears on PCs when it gets infected with an adware-type program. The good news is that this code does not indicate virus infection, which is why you should not worry about personal information stored on your PC. The bad news is that Error Code B2957E is considered to be malicious as it misinforms users and seeks to cheat them. How? Simply.The Code B2957E says:
**** Don’t Restart Your Computer****
Windows Detected ZEUS Virus. The infections detected, indicate some recent downloads on the computer which in turn has created problems on the computer. Call Technical support 0800-014-8826 and share this code B2957E to the Agent to Fix this.
This claim is false. It’s very unlikely that your PC is infected with some serious viruses. In fact, the only inappropriate program on your PC is the one that causes Code B2957E pop-ups. In case you have already received the message when browsing with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari, don’t even think to call for the given number because it might be used by scammers who may try to cheat you.
Luckily, it’s not difficult to fix Code B2957E Error. It is possible to get rid of the potentially unwanted program that causes the pop-up manually, though there is a list of steps that need to be performed. You can also remove Code B2957E adware automatically using RegCure Pro or SpeedyPC Pro. If you prefer manual Code B2957E fix, then you can find a step-by-step tutorial down below.
How to fix Code B2957E?
To delete Code B2957E might not be that easy. That’s why we have prepared a step-by-step guide that will help you to do that.
If you are using Windows OS, then you should do the following:
- Go to Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features. (Windows 7 or Vista)
- Go to Start → Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP)
- Right-click in the lower-left corner of the screen and wait until Quick Access Menu appears. Then go to Control Panel → Uninstall a Program. (Windows 8/10)
- Look through a list of programs that are installed on your computer and find the ones that look suspicious to you.
- Uninstall these programs and click OK.
- Find Mozilla Firefox shortcut on your computer, right-click on it and open its Properties.
- Open Shortcut tab, and find Target Field. You should see a suspicious URL in it – delete it, and click OK.
- Repeat 6-7 steps with Google Chrome and Internet Explorer shortcuts, too.
Code B2957E removal on Mac OS:
- Click Go → Applications.
- Find all questionable programs, right-click on them and move them to Trash.
- Now, you need to clean each web browser from Code B2957E components.
- Launch Mozilla Firefox, open its menu (click on three bars in the top right corner of the window), and then go to Add-ons → Extensions.
- In the Extensions panel, look for suspicious browser extensions that you do not remember installing. Click Remove next to extensions that you do not want to keep.
- Now, check if your homepage wasn’t changed by this computer parasite. Open Mozilla Firefox menu once again, and go to Options → General.
- In the Startup section, click Restore to Default, or just enter another Home Page URL and click OK.
- Reset your browser. Again, open Firefox menu, go to Troubleshooting Information and then click Reset Firefox.
- When a pop-up message asking to confirm your choice appears, click Reset Firefox again.
- Launch IE browser, and then open its menu by clicking on the Gear icon, which is at the top right corner of the browser. Then go to Manage Add-ons.
- When the Manage Add-ons window appears, look through all questionable browser extensions and disable them. For that, right-click each of them and then select Disable.
- Open menu once again and go to Internet Options. In General tab, replace the Homepage address with a URL of your choice. Then hit Apply to save.
- Reset IE. Open its menu, go to Internet Options → Advanced. Click Reset.
- When the Reset Internet Explorer Settings window shows up, put a tick next to option Delete personal settings and hit Reset again.
- Launch Google Chrome, click on three-bar button at the top right corner (Menu button) and go to Tools → Extensions.
- Look for suspicious browser extensions and eliminate them by clicking on Trash icons next to them.
- Open menu again, then go to Settings. Find On startup part, and click Set pages next to Open a specific page or a set of pages option.
- Remove suspicious websites by clicking on X next to them, and then enter a URL of the site that you would like to set as your homepage.
- Then go to Menu → Settings → Manage Search engines.
- When Search engine window shows up, remove all suspicious entries and leave only the search engine that you would like to use on a daily basis.
- Reset Google Chrome. Go to Menu → Settings, then click on Reset Browser Settings button at the bottom of the page.
- Once Reset browser settings window appears, click Reset to confirm your choice.
- Launch Safari, and then find and click Safari in the menu bar at the top of the screen. Then go to Preferences.
- Go to Extensions tab and look for suspicious entries. Uninstall each of them.
- Then go to General tab and check what URL is entered into Homepage box. If you see a suspicious link, remove it and replace it with a website that you want to set as a homepage. Remember that you must type in http:// before entering a preferred URL.
- Reset Safari. Click Safari, and click on Reset Safari… option.
- When Reset Safari pop-up appears, check all checkboxes and click Reset.
You won’t have perform all the steps given above in order to fix Code B2957E. You can install a tool, such as Reimage and fix this issue automatically. This software can give you a hand in optimizing your PC and fixing errors like this.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: