Issue: How to fix Error Code 0xc7700112?
I recently reformated my PC and was intending to upgrade back to Windows 10 from 8.1. The process stops showing this error code 0xc7700112. Do you have any ideas what this code means and how to fix it?
Once you have reported about 0xc7700112 error, we have started initiating a research on it. Surprisingly, we have found that lots of Windows users are dealing with this issue and feeling helpless, for there is no comprehensive solution provided on the Internet yet. Therefore, we will try to help you to fix 0xc7700112 error.
Based on the reports on the Internet, it seems that the majority of computers that end up with Error code 0xc7700112 run Windows 8.1. Nevertheless, we have tested this issue and found out that Windows 7 can also be touched though less frequently.
Unfortunately, PC specialists have‘t already specified the reason/-s that causes 0xc7700112 error. However, some of the users claim that they have fixed error code 0xc7700112 once they deactivated anti-virus, particularly Norton. This speculation may be correct in some way because anti-virus software commonly collides with other software, including updates. Therefore, this error might be one of them. Therefore, if you need to fix Error Code 0xc7700112, try to deactivate anti-virus and then launch Windows 10 upgrade. If this won‘t help, you should try other methods about which we will talk furthermore.
Other Windows users predicate that Error code 0xc7700112 is caused by a collision of two upgrades, i.e. an automatic upgrade might have been changed by the one the user downloaded himself/herself. Nevertheless, this claim can hardly be reasoned. Previous cases have already showed that Windows 10 Updates frequently end up with all kinds of errors, so this one is not a big surprise. In fact, the main reason why people face Windows 10 errors is related to inappropriate way of upgrading.
In most of the cases, to upgrade Windows 10, media creation tool is used. It provides a direct „Upgrade this PC“ selection. Unfortunately, it seems that this option frequently ends up with errors. Therefore, if you tried „Upgrade this PC“ option and it failed, try to avoid Error Code 0xc7700112 by upgrading Windows 10 through other methods. Our recommendation would be to:
- Create USB Flash Drive
- Download ISO files.
How to fix Error Code 0xc7700112?
No matter which method – to create USB Flash Drive or download ISO file you select, you will need to download Windows Media Creation tool anyway (except you already have one). For that, go to Microsoft‘s official website and find the download there.
Method 1: USB Flash Drive
- As soon as you download a Media Creation tool, launch it.
- Proceed once you will be asked to Accept the T&C.
- On the opened screen, you will see two options one of which will be Upgrade this PC and the other Create Installation Media for another PC. Here you should opt for the second option.
- Furthermore, select language, architecture, and edition.
- After this step, you will be able to choose between USB Flash Drive and ISO file. Click on the USB Flash Drive selection and plug in a USB that has at least 8 GB of free space.
- Lastly, open the drive and click Next. Media Creation tool will download Windows 10 upgrade on USB, which you can now use for upgrading the machine.
Method 2: ISO file
- This method is very similar to the previous one, so you should perform first 4 steps in the same way.
- In step 5 you should select the second option, which is ISO file.
- Click on the selection and let the download process complete automatically.
- Plug in USB (at least 8 GB of free space).
- Find the downloaded ISO file, right-click on it and select MOUNT.
- Furthermore, find File Explorer on the task bar and select Open CD Drive.
- Once you spot a Setup file, double click on it and wait until the upgrade is finished.
These methods might help you to fix Error Code 0xc7700112. If, nevertheless, you can‘t upgrade Windows 10 properly, we would recommend to clean your PC first of all. It might be that some useless unnecessary files are colliding with the update. For this purpose, we would recommend you to use RegCure Pro or Reimage.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.