Issue: How to Uninstall AVG Internet Security 2015?
Hi! I have a little problem with AVG Internet Security 2015. I’ve decided to uninstall it for couple of reasons and cannot perform this task completely. Although it seems that the program is gone, I keep finding various files that belong to it, so I suppose that it still keeps working. Could you please help me to uninstall AVG Internet Security 2015 from my computer?
AVG Internet Security 2015 is a legitimate anti-malware that is appreciated all around the world. Millions of people are using it and feel quite satisfied. Nevertheless, the vast majority of the users who decide to uninstall AVG Internet Security 2015 for one or another reason cannot do that successfully. Why? Because this anti-malware installs a bunch of files, data, and registries each of which has to be removed in order to uninstall the entire program for good. The process of full uninstalling requires some spare time and some deeper knowledge of computer’s system. Therefore, in this article, we will provide the correct ways on how to uninstall AVG Internet Security 2015 fully both for beginners and advanced users. Keep reading the article and select whether to perform this process manually or use a respective software.
HOW TO UNINSTALL AVG INTERNET SECURITY 2015?
There are several approaches to uninstall AVG Internet Security 2015 and we will provide you with them all.
You may not know yet that Windows system itself has the uninstall utility which is by far the most typically used to uninstall programs that are no longer needed. This utility is called Add/Remove Programs, which can be accessed by performing the following.
- Open ‘Start Menu’ → ‘Control Panel’ → ‘Uninstall a Program’ (Windows 7).
Open ‘Start’ → ‘Programs and Feature’ (Windows 8.1)
Open ‘Start Menu’ → ‘Control Panel’ → ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP)
- Locate AVG Internet Security 2015 and select ‘Chance/Remove’.
- Click ‘Yes’ to perform the removal and then wait until the process is over.
By the way, when approaching manual removal of AVG Internet Security 2015, you may also try to use a built-in uninstaller which is very easy to access:
- Open ‘Start Menu’ → ‘All Programs’.
- Locate AVG Internet Security 2015 folder, open it and find ‘Uninstaller’.
- Double-click it and follow the process.
However, neither AVG Internet Security 2015 uninstall via Add/Remove Programs nor via Built-in uninstaller does not mean that the process is over. In order to get rid of this application once and for all, don’t forget to clean its leftovers, such as files and registries. This process requires much carefulness since registries have to be removed via Registry Editor, so by doing it manually, you risk removing wrong registries thereby damaging important system programs that may later cause boot problems. In case you are determined to perform this process manually, then you have to:
- Check the folder that belongs to AVG Internet Security 2015 and remove all files that are still sitting there.
- After that, open ‘Start Menu’, type “regedit” in the search bar and click ‘Enter’ to open Registry Editor.
- Here you should find and remove all registry entries that belong to AVG Internet Security 2015. Look for the files located in folders: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AVG and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software.
- Find and delete all program files in system folders C:\Program Files\, C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ and C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\.
Although it might seem an easy task at first, the detection of unnecessary files and registries in Registry Editor is a long lasting and tiresome process. Fortunately, there is another solution that will help you to uninstall AVG Internet Security 2015 completely. For this purpose, you may use Perfect Uninstaller which is a software utility that can be used for the removal of unwanted programs.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: