Issue: How to Uninstall Avira Free Antivirus 2016 on Windows?
Hi! I have installed Avira Free Antivirus 2016, tried it, but I did not like it. Now, I am thinking of buying a full version of another antivirus program. Can you tell me how should I uninstall this free antivirus software? I am not sure how to do it properly.
Recently, the developers of various malware programs have become very active. New viruses are actively spread, so securing your computer in advance is a must. No matter if you are a very cautious computer user, viruses can still affect you as they tend to be spread in very creative ways. Computer security experts recommend installing an antivirus program in order to keep your computer safe. Avira Free Antivirus 2016 is definitely one of the best antivirus programs. It was developed by a German company – Avira GmbH & Co. KG.It is a software that can protect your computer from various computer threats, viruses, and other harmful programs. Besides, this software can scan the search outcomes every time you use any web search service and rate the security of web pages in the search results.
The variety of antivirus programs is increasing every day, and it is not surprising that users have the freedom of choosing whichever product they like. However, if you have decided to use another antivirus software, we will help you to remove Avira Free Antivirus 2016 software in a proper way. Follow the guidelines below:
How to Uninstall Avira Free Antivirus 2016 on Windows?
There are several different ways how to remove Avira Free Antivirus 2016 software.
- Hit ‘Start Menu‘ → ‘All Programs‘.
- Find Avira Free Antivirus 2016 folder, open it and locate ‘Uninstaller’ icon.
- Double-click on it and follow the process.
- Launch ‘Start Menu‘ → ‘Control Panel‘ → ‘Programs‘ → ‘Programs and Features’ (Windows 7).
- Right click on ‘Start‘ → ‘Programs and Features‘ (Windows Vista/Windows 8.1)
- Click ‘Start’ → ‘Settings’ → ‘System’ → ‘Apps & features’ (Windows 10)
- Launch ‘Start Menu‘ → ‘Control Panel‘ → ‘Add/Remove Programs‘ (Windows XP)
- Detect Avira Free Antivirus 2016 and click ‘Change/Remove‘ or ‘Uninstall.’
- Click ‘Yes‘ to perform the removal and then wait until the process is over.
The first part of Avira Free Antivirus 2016 removal should be done. Now, you need to clean the Windows Registry from the Avira Antivirus’ remains. Follow these steps attentively:
- Open ‘Start Menu‘, type “regedit” in the search box and hit ‘Enter‘ to open Registry Editor.
- Here you should find and remove all registry entries that belong to Avira Free Antivirus 2016. Search for the files located in folders:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Avira Free Antivirus 2016,
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Avira Free Antivirus 2016,
- (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\eg ui).
Then, locate and remove all files in these system folders:
- C:\Program Files\Avira Free Antivirus 2016,
- C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Avira Free Antivirus 2016,
- C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\Avira Free Antivirus 2016.
After performing these steps, you should get rid of Avira Free Antivirus 2016. If these instructions seem to be confusing, you can just use an automatic software removal tool – Perfect Uninstaller Perfect Uninstaller.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.