Issue: How to Uninstall BitLord on Windows?
I’m having issues with BitLord removal. I think I have deleted some files associated with this program, but not all of them, and now I’m confused. Can you provide a detailed BitLord uninstall tutorial, please?
BitLord is a torrent client which is provided as freeware and ad-supported software for Windows and macOS. It was initially released back in 2004 under the license from BitComet and quickly gained popularity as a lightweight and easy-to-use torrent downloader. The newest version of the program is 2.4.6 at the time of the writing.
BitLord allows users to download .torrent files, get subtitles in your language and instantly play video and audio files, so it serves a media player as well. Therefore, many people who use the client might be happy with its performance.
However, the application is freeware after all, so its presence can result in certain security risks, making users want to uninstall BitLord client. Free apps are sometimes dangerous as they provide advertisements that might be misleading and make users think that their PCs are infected with malware, personal data compromised, and similar issues are present.
Additionally, BitLord app is used for torrent file download, which on itself brings significant risks. Torrent files can be hosted in spoofed websites or modified by hackers, and malicious code injected into the file. That is a frequent occurrence when it comes to pirated software.
Therefore, if you want to remove BitLord application, we will gladly help you do it.
First of all, we want to inform you that there are two ways of deleting this program. You can either uninstall it manually or automatically. Automatic BitLord removal option requires the installation of special software.
Step 1. Stop all related processes to uninstall BitLord client
Before you try to uninstall BitLord, make sure you log into the computer with Admin rights. Otherwise, you will be asked to provide the administrator’s password for many tasks (such as delete or uninstall programs/files from the system).
- Once you login into the PC with administrator’s rights, find BitLord icon in the System Tray. Right-click on the icon, and when a menu appears, choose Quit option
- Next, launch Windows Task Manager (hold down three keys at the same time – Ctrl+Alt+Del). Then open Processes tab, find processes associated with BitLord and kill them one by one. You need to select one process at a time and select End Task
- Press Start button and type in Control Panel. Here, find Programs > Uninstall a program section and go there
- You will be provided with a list of recently installed programs
- Here, find and uninstall these programs: BitLord, REACHit, and Foxit PhantomPDF Business. Simply select one, and click Uninstall. Note that not all of these programs might be present on your system (some apps might have gotten in bundled)
Step 2. Clear Windows Registry
Now you will have to delete Registry entries associated with the programs you just removed. Before you proceed, we would like to warn you that modifying Windows Registry might damage your system, so be very cautious!
- Type in regedit into the search bar
- From the search options, right click and select Run as administrator (skip this step if you are already logged in as an admin)
- In Registry Editor, you need to find and delete the following list of folders (once again. only bitlord registry might be present):
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Foxit Software
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Foxit Software
- After completing this step, go to Edit>Find and enter BitLord to find Bitlord’s remains. Delete them if the search finds any related entries
- Restart your computer
Uninstall BitLord automatically
It can be hard to remove computer programs manually. Although the BitLord removal is not that complicated, it is not recommended to make adjustments in the Windows Registry manually because wrong modifications in this system panel can lead to problems such as system's stability issues.
While system stability problems can be fixed with programs like Reimage, it is highly recommended to uninstall unwanted software using automatic tools instead.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.