Issue: How to Uninstall COMODO Internet Security 2017?
I used COMODO Internet Security 2017 from the time it was released, but I’ve noticed that my computer behaves strangely (displays pop-ups, redirects me to dodgy websites, etc.) even tough the web protection is on.
I tried to remove it, but it keeps reinstalling somehow. I see it in Program Files and User Data. I tried to delete it in Safe Mode, but it still won’t go away. What am I doing wrong?
COMODO Internet Security 2017 is an anti-virus tool developed and distributed by Comodo Group, Inc. It is depicted as a multi-layered security application, which combines antivirus protection, filtering firewall, advanced host intrusion prevention, and automatic sandboxing of unknown files.
The full anti-virus version with both removal and protection features can be downloaded from the official website for free. Nevertheless, people can purchase a Pro version for $27.99 per year and receive live expert virus removal service and exclusive Virus-Free Guarantee. Additionally, users can also opt for a Complete version for $ 89.99/year, which includes 50GB Online Storage & Backup and 10GB TrustConnect WiFi Security.
Judging from people’s reports related to COMODO Internet Security, the tool usually meet people’s expectations. However, those who opt for COMODO removal may face some difficulties.
The supply of anti-virus tools on the Internet is vast, so naturally, people move from one security tool to another to check out new features and find the most suitable one for them. Unfortunately, but people often cannot uninstall COMODO Internet Security 2017 successfully as it reinstalls itself automatically.
Be aware that internet security software is essential in order to stay safe online. Therefore, do not leave your computer unprotected at any time during when you are switching to a different application, i.e., once you uninstall the program make sure you replace it with something else immediately.
COMODO Internet Security 2017 removal
The removal of this security tool does not differ from the removal of other applications, but the culprit of unsuccessful COMODO Internet Security 2017 removal may be the undeleted Registry keys and Comodo-related programs. Therefore, we’ll explain how to perform the removal completely.
Step 1. Disable COMODO in Task Manager
Before you uninstall COMODO Internet Security 2017, enter Task manager and shut down the application:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Del to open Task Manager.
- Locate COMODO Internet Security Complete 2017 and click it.
- Select End Task.
Step 2. Remove the tool from Programs & Features
- In the search window, type in Control Panel and hit Enter
- Go to Programs > Uninstall a program and locate COMODO Internet Security.
- Click it and select Uninstall.
- You should also check for Acronis Backup Agent, COMODO Secure Shopping, GeekBuddy and Internet Security Essentials. These programs usually spread bundled with COMODO Internet Security 2017 by default.
- Click on each of them and select Uninstall.
Step 3. Remove the remnants
- Press Windows key + R, type regedit, and press Enter.
- Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\ComodoGroup\\ and delete the folder.
- Then do the same with the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\COMODO\\ folder.
- Press Edit at the top of the window and select Find.
- Enter COMODO and remove all findings.
- Finally, reboot your PC.
If you have already uninstalled this security application manually, we would strongly recommend checking the system with Reimage, which is an advanced PC optimization tool. It will ensure that the system is fully optimized, updated, and virus-free.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: