Issue: How to Uninstall COMODO Internet Security 2017?
I used COMODO Internet Security 2017 from when it was released, but I’ve noticed that I’ve noticed that it often fails to detect malware. Besides, its random pop-ups are quite irritating.
I tried to remove it, but it keeps reinstalling somehow. I see it in Program Files and User Data. I tried to delete it in Safe Mode, but it still won’t go away. What am I doing wrong?
COMODO Internet Security 2017 is an anti-virus tool developed by Comodo CA Limited, Comodo Group, Inc., Comodo Security Solutions, Inc, and Comodo Communications, Inc. It is depicted as a multi-layered security application, which combines antivirus protection, filtering firewall, advanced host intrusion prevention, and automatic sandboxing of unknown files.
The full anti-virus version with both removal and protection features can be downloaded from the official website for free. Nevertheless, people can purchase a Pro version for $27.99 per year and receive live expert virus removal service and exclusive Virus Free Guarantee.
Judging from people’s reports related to COMODO Internet Security, the tool usually meet people’s expectations. However, those who opt for COMODO removal may face some difficulties.
The supply of anti-virus tools on the Internet is wide, so naturally people move from one security tool to another to check out new features and find the most suitable one. Unfortunately, but people often cannot uninstall COMODO Internet Security 2017 successfully as it reinstalls itself automatically.
Actually, the removal of this security tool does not differ from the removal of other applications, but the culprit of unsuccessful COMODO Internet Security 2017 removal may be the undeleted Registry keys and Comodo-related programs. Therefore, we’ll explain how to perform the removal completely.
COMODO Internet Security 2017 removal
Step 1. Disable COMODO in Task Manager
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Del to open Task Manager.
- Locate COMODO Internet Security Complete 2017 and click it.
- Select End Task.
Step 2. Remove the tool from Programs & Features
- Right-click on Windows key and select Control Panel.
- Open Programs & Features applet and look for COMODO Internet Security Complete.
- Click it and select Uninstall.
- You should also check for Acronis Backup Agent, COMODO Secure Shopping, GeekBuddy and Internet Security Essentials. These programs usually spread bundled with COMODO Internet Security 2017 by default.
- Click on each of them and select Uninstall.
Step 3. Remove the remnants
- Press Windows key + R, type regedit, and press Enter.
- Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\ComodoGroup\\ and delete the folder.
- Then do the same with the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\COMODO\\ folder.
- Press Edit at the top of the window and select Find.
- Enter COMODO and remove all findings.
- Finally, reboot your PC.
Alternatively, you can use Perfect Uninstaller. This application will eliminate COMODO and delete all its files alongside.
If you have already uninstall this security application manually, we would strongly recommend checking the system with Reimage, which is an advanced PC optimization tool. It will ensure that the system is fully optimized, updated, and virus-free.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.