Issue: How to uninstall Smart Ad-Wrapper 1.0.6 on Windows?
Could you please help me to uninstall Smart Ad-Wrapper 1.0.6 once and for all? I’ve tried to remove it a couple of times, but I still can find it working in the background of the system. Thanks for the help!
Solved AnswerFor those who haven’t heard about the program, Smart Ad-Wrapper is a free software that allows wrapping adwords, dynamically increase bids, change URLs and Bids for specific keywords and so on. In general, it’s a useful application; nevertheless, it appears to be a stubborn when it comes to the removal. You have mentioned that you’ve tried to uninstall Smart Ad-Wrapper 1.0.6 a couple of times. It’s a pity that you haven’t explained what actions have you taken to perform Smart Ad-Wrapper 1.0.6 removal.
In most of the cases, people image that in order to uninstall a program completely it’s enough to click on its icon and ‘Delete’ button. Unfortunately, that’s certainly not the end of the process. Smart Ad-Wrapper 1.0.6 has lots of files and registries that once installed may settle down in various PC’s locations. Thus, by deleting the main executable file only, you leave unnecessary file operating on your machine. The longer you ‘remove’ programs the more useless registries are kept on your machine. Unfortunately, but they may sooner or later burden your computer, cause slowdowns, errors, and similar things. That’s why it’s very important to ‘uninstall’ programs completely. It means that along with the main installer, you should also remove all supporting components, which usually can be found within Windows Registry Editor. If you wonder what kind of problems arise when trying to uninstall Smart Ad-Wrapper 1.0.6, we will indicate the main ones:
- Smart Ad-Wrapper 1.0.6 cannot be found in the Add/Remove Programs list.
- Smart Ad-Wrapper 1.0.6 uninstaller does not remove associated files.
- The software installed on a computer is not compatible with Smart Ad-Wrapper 1.0.6 and may cause errors.
- Lots of Smart Ad-Wrapper 1.0.6 associated files are left in the registry and hard drive.
- The .dll, .sys or other files shared with other software are deleted.
If you are facing aforementioned problems when trying to uninstall the software, then we will try to help you. Of course, the quickest and the easiest task is to uninstall the program with the help of a software removal tool, such as Perfect Uninstaller. Nevertheless, we have submitted a detailed guide, which will indicate every step that you should take in order to uninstall Smart Ad-Wrapper 1.0.6 on Windows OS once and for all.
How to uninstall Smart Ad-Wrapper 1.0.6
You may probably know that the majority of software installs a built-in uninstaller, which usually can be found withing All Programs list. If you want to uninstall Smart Ad-Wrapper 1.0.6 completely, then you should:
- Open Start menu and select All Programs.
- Find Smart Ad-Wrapper 1.0.6 folder and click on its Uninstaller.
- Wait until the uninstalling will be finished.
As an alternative for this, you can also:
- Go to the folder where the program is installed.
- Find the uninstaller, which is usually indicated as unins000.exe or uninstall.exe.
- Double click on it and wait until the process is finished.
Unfortunately, the uninstaller is not capable of removing the entire bunch of registries that compose Smart Ad-Wrapper 1.0.6 application. Keep in mind that by performing the aforementioned steps you will only remove the main executable file, whereas tens of additional components and files will be kept working in the background. The search of those files is difficult and risky because it requires overlooking Windows Registry Editor (contains files of all programs installed on a computer) and deleting unnecessary files only. If you want to do that manually, then you should perform the following steps:
- Open ‘Start menu’ → ‘Run’.
- Type ‘regedit‘ and hit ‘Enter’ to open Windows Registry Editor.
- You might be asked to indicate the ‘Administrator Password’. Enter the password to proceed.
- Find and delete all registry entries of the program in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\eg ui
- Open ‘Start menu’ → ‘Control Panel’ → ‘Folder’ → ‘Show Hidden Files and Folders’.
- Find and delete all files of the program in system folders:
C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\
C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\.
- Close all programs and Restart your computer.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: