Issue: How to uninstall Validity WBF DDK on Windows OS?
Validity WBF DDK seems to be useful. Nevertheless, I don’t have much to do with it. Maybe I will be stoned by the masses, but I want to get rid of it. I used to think that there is not much to do with the removal of programs on Windows OS, but it appeared that I cannot uninstall Validity WBF DDK on Windows 8 easily. Could you please help?
Validity WBF DDK is a free software developed by Validity Sensors Ltd. It can be used on smartphones, tablets and notebook computers. It’s a fingerprint reader, which seems to be the leading one all over the world. It is praised for flexibility, cost effectiveness, and high performance. It uses patent LiveFlex technology, which provides with the superior image quality with high-frequency RF imaging into the live layer of the finger. As you have said, usually people love to use this tool, but if you think that it’s useless, then, of course, why should you keep your machine filled with the programs that you do not use?
In fact, you are not the only Internet user who has asked how to uninstall Validity WBF DDK on Windows fully. Therefore, we have decided to prepare a step-by-step tutorial how you should do that quite easily. Actually, you can select between two methods – ‘manual uninstalling’ and ‘automatic uninstalling’. Of course, automatic method is the simplest way to get rid of programs. If you want to uninstall your application manually, you should think that this requires only a minute to click on the icon of the program and hit ‘Delete’ button. However, there is one important aspect that you have to keep in mind. By performing these steps you leave additional components on your computer. Consequently, the more programs you are deleting, the more useless files are left on your PC’s system, which is why your computer may slow down and lack of space.
Fortunately, there is a solution for that. You should either uninstall programs from your Windows using a removal tool or uninstall them with all their files manually. By saying so, we think about removing the main installer and looking through Windows Registry Editor in order to find leftovers. Although by performing this process manually you risk deleting important files, if you pay much attention and carefully check each file, we are pretty sure that you will manage to uninstall Validity WBF DDK on Windows fully without making any damage to your machine.
Here are some of the additional files that belong to the Validity WBF DDK:
valDSM.dll – OSTP DSM API
wbf_vfs301.dll and many others.
How to uninstall Validity WBF DDK
In order to remove Validity WBF DDK, you should follow the steps that are provided below and perform each of them in a right order:
- Open ‘Start menu’ (at the verry bottom of the left corner), click ‘Control Panel’.
- Here you should find and click on ‘Programs’ and ‘Add/Remove Programs’.
- As soon as the list of installed programs unfolds, find Validity WBF DDK.
- According to the type of Windows you are using, you should double-click on the icon and click ‘Uninstall’ or ‘Remove or Change/Remove’ button.
- Right after that, a pop-up window will show up asking whether you are sure to remove the program. If you are, then click the ‘OK’.
However, if you want to clean your machine from unnecessary files that may one day make your computer run slow, you will also have to delete leftovers via Registry Editor. For that, you have to follow these steps:
- Open ‘Start menu’ → ‘Run’.
- Type ‘regedit’ and hit ‘Enter’ to open Windows Registry Editor.
- You might be asked to indicate the ‘Administrator Password’. Enter the password to proceed.
- Find one of the registry keys in the editor:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Validity WBF DDK)
- Delete each of them by clicking on them and pressing a ‘Delete’ button.
- Open ‘Start menu’ → ‘Control Panel’ → ‘Folder’ → ‘Show Hidden Files and Folders’.
- Look for such folders:
(C:\Program Files\Validity WBF DDK)
(C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\program name)
(C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\program name)
- If you find any of them, Delete each of them by clicking on them and pressing a ‘Delete’ button.
- Close all programs and Restart your computer.
If you perform all these steps correctly, Validity WBF DDK should be successfully uninstalled from the system. Please, make sure that you uninstall programs this way all the time. Otherwise, useless file leftovers will occupy a free space of your computer, which could be used for storing important data. If you want to uninstall Validity WBF DDK automatically, you can do that with the help of Perfect Uninstaller.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: