Issue: How to uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere 2015?
I have a bit of a problem. I want to uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere 2015. I’ve tried deleting it for good but I keep finding various files belonging to this application on my computer. How to get rid of this program once and for all?
Webroot SecureAnywhere 2015 is an efficient and legitimate antivirus tool. However, some people decide to uninstall it for one reason or another and we do not question their motives. But at this point they might realize that it is more difficult than they have imagined. They might encounter various problems like, for example, persistent files remaining on their computer or inability to stop the program before the removal. It may also be impossible to uninstall the program completely, it might have become corrupted and it is now impossible to install it or maybe there is a similar program pesting a user who has decided to remove Webroot SecureAnywhere 2015. In any case, there is always a solution and we will present you with several of them.
HOW TO UNINSTALL WEBROOT SECUREANYWHERE 2015
Windows itself has an option for managing and removing all programs running on your computer. This feature is called Add/ Remove programs and you may find it on Control Panel. Let us guide you through the process:
1. Open Start Menu and locate Control Panel;
2. Now you need to find Webroot SecureAnywhere 2015 in the list of programs and then press Change/ Remove;
3. Follow each step of the uninstall wizard and carry on with the process.
If you do not find the previous option to your liking, you may also try a built-in uninstaller as most programs have one and Webroot SecureAnywhere 2015 is no exception. In this case, you will have to follow the instructions below:
1. Open Start Menu and click on the All Programs section;
2. Find Webroot SecureAnywhere 2015 folder and find the Uninstaller in it;
3. Once again, follow the steps in order to uninstall the program.
You may also go straight to the file which contains this program:
1. Open the folder where the program is located;
2. Locate the uninstaller which is called unins000.exe or uninstall.exe;
3. Launch the uninstaller and follow the steps.
These three options will be enough for you to get rid of the files. However, when the program is installed, it makes changes in the Windows Registry as well and sometimes these entries remain in the registry even though the program is long gone. In order to delete these entries, you will have to go to the Windows Registry and do it by yourself:
1. Open Registry Editor;
2. Find and delete all registry entries of this application in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\egui;
3. Find and delete all program files in system folders C:\Program Files\, C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ and C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\.
That’s it! However, you should keep in mind that only advanced computer users should edit the registry as errors left on it might be fatal to your system and it even may become unbootable. While it is still possible to do everything manually, you will never achieve the best result like you would with a tool that will do everything for you. We would highly recommend you to try Perfect Uninstaller. We doubt that you will want to use anything else afterwards.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: