Issue: How to Uninstall WinRAR (64-bit) on PC?
Hello! Can you tell me how to uninstall WinRAR (64-bit) from my system? I do not know how to do it, but I want to remove this program as I am trying to clean up my computer from programs that I do not use. Can you provide a removal tutorial?
WinRAR, which is published by RARLAB, is a useful program to encrypt, compress, pack and backup files. This software supports both .RAR and .ZIP files. Also, it can open ARJ, CAB, LZH, GZ, TAR, UUE, BZ2, ACE, ISO, JAR, and 7-Zip files. It is supported by Windows XP, 2003, Vista, Server 2008, 7 and 8 operating systems. WinRAR can protect archived files from damage, it can scan the archives for viruses, verificate the authenticity of the archive, and it has many other useful features. This program can help to save disk space or make the files smaller when transmitting them via OneDrive, DropBox or other file sharing platforms. However, if you believe that WinRAR (64-bit) is a not necessary program, you should remove it. We have prepared this removal guide for you – follow the steps closely and uninstall WinRAR in a right way. There are two ways to uninstall it.
How to Uninstall WinRAR (64-bit) on PC?
Method 1: Uninstall the program via WinRAR (64-bit) uninstaller.
- Open ‘Start Menu’ → ‘All Programs’.
- Find WinRAR (64-bit) folder, open it and find ‘Uninstaller.’
- Double-click it and follow the process.
Method 2: Uninstall WinRAR (64-bit) via the Add/Remove Programs list:
- Launch ‘Start Menu’ → ‘Control Panel’ → ‘Uninstall a Program’ (Windows 7).
- Launch ‘Start’ → ‘Programs and Feature’ (Windows 8.1)
- Open ‘Start Menu’ → ‘Control Panel’ → ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP)
- Detect WinRAR (64-bit) and select ‘Change/Remove’.
- Click ‘Yes’ to perform the removal and then wait until the process is over.
After performing these steps, you need to erase WinRAR (64-bit) leftovers from the Windows Registry. To do that, please follow these steps:
- Check the folder that belongs to WinRAR (64-bit) and remove all files that are still sitting there.
- After that, open ‘Start Menu’, type “regedit” in the search bar and click ‘Enter’ to open Registry Editor.
- Here you should find and remove all registry entries that belong to WinRAR (64-bit). Look for the files located in folders: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WinRAR (64-bit), HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WinRAR (64-bit), and (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\eg ui).
- Find and delete all program files in system folders: C:\Program Files\WinRAR (64-bit), C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\WinRAR (64-bit), C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\WinRAR (64-bit).
If these removal instructions seem to be not clear enough for you, we suggest to install a good software uninstaller program and remove WinRAR (64-bit) with it. We recommend using Perfect Uninstaller for that.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: